This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Do you think I control the amount of spin? Little backspin or much etc. That's my problem with most of the robots (ex Newgy 2050), it's very much topspin / backspin and no other options.

The way this robot's head is setup seems to be similar to the Newgy 3050XL. Watch videos on that robot to see what this one should be capable of. From what I remember the ball quality that the Newgy 3050XL provided was fine. I can produce topspin, underspin, sidespin and everything in between. The rotation of the head turns a simple top spin into a topspin+sidespin, or just a sidespin. The direction the head rotates dictates the direction of the spin.

One of the benefits of the Amicus/PowerPong robots is the ability to adjust the head hight of the robot. This allows you to keep the path of the ball's flight lower than the Newgy 3050XL, or this new Joola robot.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
How does the tennirobo compare to the rest of these robots? I saw their website from the other thread on here titled is trainerbot a scam?

Their website looks a little sketchy and outdated and the robot is very small. Has anyone bought it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
A rebranded iPong robot with an IOS app (and personal training sequences, etc.) sounds just fine with me. Looks interesting enough for a pledge, so I did just that that. Go https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/joola/joola-infinity?ref=thanks-copy, now at about 10% with about 4 weeks to go... :)

that looks very interesting.
Now they got ~25% of the amount required.
The kickstarter statistics says that around 30 percent of the total amount should be gathered on the first days then there are pretty good chances to fund the project successfully. Usually the most funds are gathered on first and on the final days.
Now it's not that clear that the funding will be successful. If it wont be successfully funded, they won't get any amount pledged and that would be a shame, cause it seems that it is a very attractive proposal: trusted brand and half the price, app controlled (when I see a robot with a control panel full of knobs... I think wtf? :) ) so wondering why not that much of the interest? Did they do any advertising?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
that looks very interesting.
Now they got ~25% of the amount required.
The kickstarter statistics says that around 30 percent of the total amount should be gathered on the first days then there are pretty good chances to fund the project successfully. Usually the most funds are gathered on first and on the final days.
Now it's not that clear that the funding will be successful. If it wont be successfully funded, they won't get any amount pledged and that would be a shame, cause it seems that it is a very attractive proposal: trusted brand and half the price, app controlled (when I see a robot with a control panel full of knobs... I think wtf? :) ) so wondering why not that much of the interest? Did they do any advertising?

they are at 35% now with 15 days remaining... i think they are following the trend of larger companies crowdfunding

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
they are at 35% now with 15 days remaining... i think they are following the trend of larger companies crowdfunding

yes, well known companies started using crowdfunding lately. Just saw ninebot crowdfunding their new electric scooter. Don't know if that's good or not. Earlier it used to be for new ventures and ideas ;) ...

Somehow upset at their progress..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
yes, well known companies started using crowdfunding lately. Just saw ninebot crowdfunding their new electric scooter. Don't know if that's good or not. Earlier it used to be for new ventures and ideas ;) ...

Somehow upset at their progress..

I guess people don't want to get scammed again like with trainerbot and are hesitant. But if it is from a major company, I trust it since their brand image is on the line while some people can just run away with the money.

says Table Tennis - the sport for life.
says Table Tennis - the sport for life.
Jan 2013
Personally I'm perplexed why Joola would put the development of a new robot on kickstarter. I find it very unusual for a TT manufacturer to ask customers for funding a new robot, why can't they fund it themselves?
I get that these customers are getting a better price, but they'll also wear the risk that the robot won't turn out as good as they plan.
Note: I'm not having a go at Joola, I just find this concept strange...

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I guess people don't want to get scammed again like with trainerbot and are hesitant. But if it is from a major company, I trust it since their brand image is on the line while some people can just run away with the money.
https://youtu.be/-WCFUGCOLLU

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Personally I'm perplexed why Joola would put the development of a new robot on kickstarter. I find it very unusual for a TT manufacturer to ask customers for funding a new robot, why can't they fund it themselves?
I get that these customers are getting a better price, but they'll also wear the risk that the robot won't turn out as good as they plan.
Note: I'm not having a go at Joola, I just find this concept strange...
C'mon deHaggis...

1 Go ! 2 Go !! 3 Go !!!

Go man, go !

Ask a 50 yr old Korean about go stop to get the 1st sentence.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

says testing
says testing
Apr 2019
I backed the Joola Infinity so reviews may be biased. And I also happen to own a Amicus Expert.

Here is what I think:

- The Joola Infinity is more like modernized version of 3050XL at half the price with a better APP.
- Uses DC motor so the speed isn't as fast as Amicus
- Uses two motor with full ~180 degree head rotation. On paper this is better than 3-wheeled robots but full head rotation is particularly heavy on the motors, slower and less accurate.
- Height isn't adjustable
- Joola was recently acquired Sport Squad. The kickstarter seems like an alternative way to tap in nerdy, tech and curious people which otherwise would not have been possible.
- I am quite certain with the level of experience they have, Joola may deliver the product before Dec 2020

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
I get that these customers are getting a better price, but they'll also wear the risk that the robot won't turn out as good as they

As it was said by previous posters, it's not about the money in their case, but more like an alternative sales channel. Keep in mind that trainerbot got 600k!!! eur from their robot campaign... so Joola also wanted to give a try. Somehow they are doing much worse then the trainerbot and that's puzzling - a well known table tennis company with an offer for half a price... I guess they did not invest money in marketing at all or smth...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
How does the tennirobo compare to the rest of these robots? I saw their website from the other thread on here titled is trainerbot a scam?

Their website looks a little sketchy and outdated and the robot is very small. Has anyone bought it?

I purchased this robot after owning several robots. I sold my 5 year old butterfly 3000 robot and it pretty much covered the cost of the new robot. This robot really can do any spin level, speed or position in both serves and normal shots all controlled by app. It has a 3 wheel design with moveable head and one wheel can go backwards giving more spin variations compared to more expensive robots costing thousands. It does not have a catcher net but it holds about 200 balls. I need a rest after this number of shots and it only takes 30 seconds to pick up balls using a fishing wire ball picker-upper. Easy to transport, or move in any position behind the table. I like that you can store it on the table taking up less space in my garage. Spin level can be double pro level giving very interesting sidespin serves! My ex pro coach put the first 10 such serves off the table. He wants one now for coaching. Under $1000 too. Simple in construction and I have had no ball jams after 4 months of use. Good customer service. You need to email to order.

Only disadvantage for me is that it has no random functions in drill mode yet but that is coming soon I have been told. The robot is 200% better than my old butterfly robot but I have not tried the new butterfly robots that cost heaps more.

I would not risk my money on kickstarter when you can purchase this robot now and be practicing those tricky serve returns, spinny slow loops etc!!!

Last edited:
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
That TenniRobo looks very useful as well. I do like the Joola Infinity's design, though, and see value in both.

The Joola kickstarter's funding is at 75.71% of the set goal, with 10 days to go. About 20 backers more and it's set to go; it's starting to look feasible at least. I'd like it to succeed, possibly reaching a bit of new audience as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
That TenniRobo looks very useful as well. I do like the Joola Infinity's design, though, and see value in both.

The Joola kickstarter's funding is at 75.71% of the set goal, with 10 days to go. About 20 backers more and it's set to go; it's starting to look feasible at least. I'd like it to succeed, possibly reaching a bit of new audience as well.

FireShot Capture 110 - JOOLA Infinity_ Smart Table Tennis Robot by JOOLA — Kickstarter_ - www..jpg

Job done! Now is the question how much they will get on top, cause on the last days the backing intensifies