Good rubber for lifting/attacking backspin (BH)

IMO there is no one-factor corret answer.
First it depends not only the players level, but his personal style and the way he implements spin.
Generally players who implement more mechanical spin, would prefer softer rubbers, and those who brush - harder rubbers.
But thats only general.
It depends on other factors like sponge to topsheet hardness and thickness ratio and it depends on the strength of the catapult effect. I don't like stronger catapult for lifting backspin.
Speaking of Xiom tensors - Vega Asia DF has less catapult than Vega Pro and has a slightly softer and slightly grippier surface. For these reasons I find it better for lifting.
In the Omega line I find Omega 7 Asia to be the best for lifting and attacking backspins. For me it has the best ratio of the above mentioned factors.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I enter the discussion. I'm in the same situation, i'm developping my bh topspin and bh serve receiving. I'm playing with baracuda max now, but I'm looking for something new for the next season. I'm divided between El-S and R37/R42. I like grippy rubbers (also for my bh serve), wich one do i chose?

I would choose R42 over EL-S anytime, grippier. And any Tenergy FX over R42, lasts longer.

This user has no status.
About MXS i learnt to fh loop with that. (I started with a chinese battle2). My coach said those rubbers are too hard to delop my looping technique, so i changed into elp on fh and baracuda on bh. Elp is good for me (thinking to change with r42, for more grip) but id like to try something else on bh. I played vs a good player (now is old, but in the past he played in the 2nd Italian league) and he said that the bh is my best shot, so i want to make it very consistent in the first topspin (normally vs backspin balls). Any suggestions??

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
About MXS i learnt to fh loop with that. (I started with a chinese battle2). My coach said those rubbers are too hard to delop my looping technique, so i changed into elp on fh and baracuda on bh. Elp is good for me (thinking to change with r42, for more grip) but id like to try something else on bh. I played vs a good player (now is old, but in the past he played in the 2nd Italian league) and he said that the bh is my best shot, so i want to make it very consistent in the first topspin (normally vs backspin balls). Any suggestions??

Why not use the same rubber on both wings so you can develop both more consistently?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Reactions: thomas.pong