which is good blade for topspin attack

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
plan to buy a blade and rubber, i am intermediate player and my game type topspin. my friends told carbon blades are flat attacking style so i planned to go with wooden blades for good topspin stokes. is it correct? i have searched and mentioned below some of the blades please suggest which one i choose or any better blades than these? and suitable rubbers for the blades? (my idea flexible blade with hard rubber ) for good topspin

1) DHS Power G7
material : wood
Type : OFF Plus
: 7-ply wooden piles

2) DHS power G9
Type : OFF

3)DHS Hurricane WL
: 5-ply wooden piles

4) sanwei fextra 7
5) sanwei H6
material : rose wood
Type : OFF Minus

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
plan to buy a blade and rubber, i am intermediate player and my game type topspin. my friends told carbon blades are flat attacking style so i planned to go with wooden blades for good topspin stokes. is it correct? i have searched and mentioned below some of the blades please suggest which one i choose or any better blades than these? and suitable rubbers for the blades? (my idea flexible blade with hard rubber ) for good topspin

1) DHS Power G7
Type : OFF Plus

2) DHS power G9

3)DHS Hurricane WL
: 5-ply wooden piles

4) sanwei fextra 7
5) sanwei H6
material : rose wood
Type : OFF Minus

An all-wood blade is definitely a good idea. I'd go for an ALL+ to OFF- blade since you seem new to the game. The Fextra is often recommended.

How long have you been playing?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I've only owned the first 2. Used the G9 for a few months with Haifu Whale. DHS has this at OFF+, but honestly, considering the flex, thinness, and vibration frequencies, it is an All+ to OFF- at best.

Should be the slowest on your list. Decent feel and controllable for a beginner.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Have fun analyzing everything to the Nth degree, you only have fun with that in your early days.

Middle of the road stuff will suit you fine for now, no need to go into Deep Ape mode over anything.

Unless you are receiving professional coaching, your equipment will help you only so much, but middle of the road stuff will give you a better chance to feel the ball and let you know if you mis-struck the ball.

You wont get that from many carbon blades as a ball struck well away from center feels good like you struck it center of mass.

You did well to exclude carbon blades for now, although a few do provide feel.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong