Backhand service return %

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Read 2 reviews
about Huieson balls

There are XSF 3* seamless and 3* seamed, I know about kingnik too, but the balls are completely different, texture, bounciness, and spin, kingnik balls are lower quality, I can't assure if Minkow is making both balls, I will ask to my provider; by the way now at local club there are Huieson balls 3*, and they are great for the price ! Not so expensive and very nice, they are close to be the best ball price vs quality.
l bought 300 of these from aliexpress . at 15pence each ,,, a risk / ? they had 3 stars and train printed on them but turned out ok a few are not completely round not the quality of xusfa... 3 star balls
... huieson are ok for training multi ball and so cheap !

That's some great stuff, I have veen looking at videos of Timo Boll etc receiving serves and I see what you are talking about! I'll try your excercise too, wish me luck...
...only one thing... Falkenberg is a small city in Sweden, but what is "the footwork of the turn in a Falkenberg"?

In TT the Falkenberg footwork is a 3 figure composition for changing position and wings.
What Carl is accenting on is the second motion in the sequance - BH to FH, but executed in a way to receive a ball comming to the same BH ready porsition.
In my practice I prefer to extract only the aimed figure with its purpose and to MOG I adviced the "repositioning footwork", as in different situation it may be executed with many different variations.
But whats Carl is stating is the most imortant - it can be done, and this is a common example how do this.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

...only one thing... Falkenberg is a small city in Sweden, but what is "the footwork of the turn in a Falkenberg"?

Video 1:

Video 2:

Words may not work as well as video. Those are two decent versions of the drill for you to see. It is designed to help you train turning to the FH on the BH corner and then being able to move for a wide FH after.

It is also worth training shadow versions of footwork drills like that off the table before trying to drill so your feet know what to do and your upper body is coordinated with your feet.

Last edited:
Reactions: MOG

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
One of the issues I have with the short pimples is that you need to play close to the table for them to really work.

In the first video the player is just off the table, I like playing at this distance but it is extremely difficult with short pimples, they have no affect here.
Moving in and out is a weakness for me.

However I do feel more relaxed when using short pimples on bh.
But again I have a lovely bh loop with inverted, very spinny.
But I like having a different style (eg short pimples on bh)

I guess Nirvava would be twiddling but this is very very difficult in reality!!

So footwork and serve return practice it is.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
One of the issues I have with the short pimples is that you need to play close to the table for them to really work.

In the first video the player is just off the table, I like playing at this distance but it is extremely difficult with short pimples, they have no affect here.
Moving in and out is a weakness for me.

However I do feel more relaxed when using short pimples on bh.
But again I have a lovely bh loop with inverted, very spinny.
But I like having a different style (eg short pimples on bh)

I guess Nirvava would be twiddling but this is very very difficult in reality!!

So footwork and serve return practice it is.

As long as you understand you need to learn to turn open to your FH to take those balls that are at your switching point where, right now, you are taking them with your BH without moving your feet so you are in the right position to take that shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: MOG