Wrong Handed Timo Boll vs TableTennisDaily's Dan!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey guys! Bit of fun today. We all know how well Timo Boll swaps hands and plays an incredible right handed shot! So today we put his wrong hand to the test in a fun 1 set challenge match where I use my strong hand against Timo's weak hand :)

Watch the video below:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
That arc! How does Timo get so much spin on his forehand loops?
Because he practises it? It's totally obvious that he doesn't have anything like the same ability with his right-handed backhand. We only ever see Timo switch hands to play a forehand. Virtually all of Dan's serves were to Timo's backhand. It would have been a different game if Dan had only played to Timo's RH forehand.

This user has no status.
Because he practises it? It's totally obvious that he doesn't have anything like the same ability with his right-handed backhand. We only ever see Timo switch hands to play a forehand. Virtually all of Dan's serves were to Timo's backhand. It would have been a different game if Dan had only played to Timo's RH forehand.

Well... There's a never a reason to switch to the other hand for a backhand stroke.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
It's pretty frickin' amazing how well Timo plays with his right hand!
I'm right handed and I wouldn't know how to hit a ball with my left hand, don't even mention service receives.

It's actually insane I agree! He has such good structure in his strokes even with his right hand :D Amazing!

How does he play this well! Hes so competitive to hahaha

He sure is! :)

That arc! How does Timo get so much spin on his forehand loops? Left-handed, no less.

Genius player! I actually don't recall Timo missing a swap hand shot in a match.

Watching back I agree, it's a shame I didn't serve a bit more to Timo's forehand. You're right in a match he swaps to his forehand so this is his strong side. Impressive indeed.

He's more consistent with his right hand than me when practicing topspin to topspin lol

The score was kind of expected. Adam also won (11-6) against Timo with his weak hand in his ask a pro anything last year.

Oh I didn't realise Adam played Timo with his weak hand. I just watched it now, very funny match!

Reactions: GusShnaps