Matsudaira Kenta ALC vs Fukuhara Ai ZLF for a beginner kid.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Gentlemen, Good morning.
My daughter recently began training table tennis. Right now she is using an old Donic Waldner blade of mine with two new Mark Vs HSPs. But, I want to give her something more modern for her to get accostumed to the modern game style. She is eight years old and doesn't know anything about the game.
Considering this scenario, which of aforementioned blades would be more suitable?
Sorry for my poor English. I am not a native speaker.
Best regards,
Naka.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Considering this scenario, which of aforementioned blades would be more suitable?

This is a bit like discussing whether to give a Porsche or a Lamborghini to someone who has just started taking driving lessons ...

However, if you already own both these blades your daughter might enjoy the relatively small handle of the Fukuhara.

If you don´t, for the time being the old Waldner blade may just be right for taking first steps.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This is a bit like discussing whether to give a Porsche or a Lamborghini to someone who has just started taking driving lessons ...

However, if you already own both these blades your daughter might enjoy the relatively small handle of the Fukuhara.

If you don´t, for the time being the old Waldner blade may just be right for taking first steps.

I think you're right. I personally offer a soft blade like the waldner with insanely hard rubbers, like they do in China for kids.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Thank you for your kind replies.

I was worried because my Waldner blade is really old (1995 model) and I wanted her to train with good equipment in order to be motivated.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I was worried because my Waldner blade is really old (1995 model) and I wanted her to train with good equipment in order to be motivated.

I see the idea of something new giving more motivation than stuff handed down by daddy, but you really shouldn´t worry in terms of quality.

If it has to be something new for the above reason, you probably should still go along the lines of Primorac/Allplay/Allround Evolution for a start.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Yes you can buy her another blade that is similar to her current one, speed wise

Maybe your daughter might like this one, especially as it has some pink color and a nice design : stiga azalea allround (https://www.stigasports.com/eu/azalea-allround-table-tennis-blade)

Also some other idea, easy to control blade (the same Airoc proposed actually, i just add the brand maybe easier to find for you)
- Stiga all around classic
- Stiga evolution
- Donic appelgren allplay
- Donic waldner allplay
- Butterfly Primorac

Also about the rubber, if you have the mark V HPS (not soft), it is maybe too hard and difficult to use. Maybe you've seen about the 'hardness' of the rubbers ? The greater it is, the more difficult to control it is. Usually 45/47° is for advanced player, 38° / 40° is for beginners (i know i do generalization)

Maybe then try
- Yasaka mark V
- Yasaka mark GPS
- Yasaka mark HPS soft
- Donic acuda S3
- etc actually :)

Good luck for your search, it's not really easy sometimes with all the options :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Get one with a small handle. That’s very important I think. The Primorac is available with a smaller grip I think. That’s a blade with good speed and control for the start.