What are your ambitions?

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I don't agree with that there is nothing wrong with ambition, ambition is having a goal with a drive to achieve it. It's a fairly simple idea. Just because you have ambition doesn't mean you make irrational decisions to achieve your goals, it's only personal values that determine your decision making, I think Ambition is a great thing, thats where passion and drive are born and how great table tennis players are created!

says [img]
says [img]
Dec 2010
My ambitions is:
1 keep playing on the U-National team
2 Climbing on the rankings
3 Climbing in the division play
4 Maybe play in a good club in Sweden
5 Be a coach when I am getting older. I admire my coach who has inspired me very much. He loves to learn people how to play TT, and I want to do the same :)

This user has no status.
Since the beginning (I'm 27 years old today and started when I was 12 years old), I never had any greater ambition. Even at this time, I knew that I should have many kinds of support that I would never have and I was never that good to invest my career on it. In two years, I started moving into a professional direction, then I had a 10 years pause, in order to make my initial technical studies and later graduate me as an engineer. Much more than this, we have so many problems around the professional sport here in Brazil, not only the table tennis, by the way. So, these greater ambitions are so much riskier here.
However, even being a proud amateur, I like to get it serious, because that's the way I have fun. I love to do many things that my colleagues really hate, as physical training, every kind of drills, and much more. I use to say that I like more the training sessions than the games itself (even loving them too), because this way I can pursue the improvement all the time, and it really delights me.
So my "forever" goal is only playing better and better. Of course, I want to win championships, but playing better than yesterday is what moves me, because I know I'm not that fast I could be someday in the past or even that young, but pursue the plenitude is all that really matters in life.

Best regards!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Since the beginning (I'm 27 years old today and started when I was 12 years old), I never had any greater ambition. Even at this time, I knew that I should have many kinds of support that I would never have and I was never that good to invest my career on it. In two years, I started moving into a professional direction, then I had a 10 years pause, in order to make my initial technical studies and later graduate me as an engineer. Much more than this, we have so many problems around the professional sport here in Brazil, not only the table tennis, by the way. So, these greater ambitions are so much riskier here.
However, even being a proud amateur, I like to get it serious, because that's the way I have fun. I love to do many things that my colleagues really hate, as physical training, every kind of drills, and much more. I use to say that I like more the training sessions than the games itself (even loving them too), because this way I can pursue the improvement all the time, and it really delights me.
So my "forever" goal is only playing better and better. Of course, I want to win championships, but playing better than yesterday is what moves me, because I know I'm not that fast I could be someday in the past or even that young, but pursue the plenitude is all that really matters in life.

Best regards!

Awesome write up! Yes i think you picked the right decision studying as earning money as a pro is very difficult without the right support and backing as you say.

Well glad your enjoying the sport and your enjoying this site.

Regards

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
My long term goal is to make it into the top 100 senior men in england. I'm ranked about 240th at the moment so i think this is achievable as long as i keep playing over the next few years.

Quality Ben. You'll get there... Keep training hard ill be following your progress. Keep a diary and record of your play thats what pushed me into the top 50. Good luck mate

This user has no status.
Quality Ben. You'll get there... Keep training hard ill be following your progress. Keep a diary and record of your play thats what pushed me into the top 50. Good luck mate

Sounds like a good idea. Any other tips? Are you still playing much?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Some great ambitions guys. You all know mine probably by now. I wanna discover the team that will beat the Chinese. I know they're out there and I know I can help them by gaining support and creating clubs all over the U.S.

I'm not going to write a thread just yet, but to add some hype to this post and my future one. Who here wants to be ambitious and come up with a name for a brand new TT blade. Just got the pair in from Jack Miller and am gonna hold a contest soon. Details will be up hopefully after my review which you can check out on my youtube channel: RichHyPro

Winner of this contest if we can get several orders in will be getting a custom blade from Jack and have the option to buy an identical two piece set for half price if that's what they want so it could be Buy one get one free for the winner or just get one free either way it'll hopefully be a great contest.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Some great ambitions guys. You all know mine probably by now. I wanna discover the team that will beat the Chinese. I know they're out there and I know I can help them by gaining support and creating clubs all over the U.S.

I'm not going to write a thread just yet, but to add some hype to this post and my future one. Who here wants to be ambitious and come up with a name for a brand new TT blade. Just got the pair in from Jack Miller and am gonna hold a contest soon. Details will be up hopefully after my review which you can check out on my youtube channel: RichHyPro

Winner of this contest if we can get several orders in will be getting a custom blade from Jack and have the option to buy an identical two piece set for half price if that's what they want so it could be Buy one get one free for the winner or just get one free either way it'll hopefully be a great contest.

The way you say discover sir, I hope you mean that you will find and form them together, not just like finding them laying on the ground waiting to be picked up hehe

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I am not a champion, never was and will never be, I can't even become a coach but still I'd like to create champions. I have been playing for 3 years and started over here in china. Improving a lot from last year and i still hope more improvement. I am gonna do something like cnttc in chinand I am looking forward to compete cnttc as it's too expensive and many people like me can't afford it. wish me good luck guys

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Try to recall what I wish to do during my young age, it's definitely not about table tennis :)

I've been give up TT during age of 14-18 because I found that playing music in orchestra is more fun, and I did achieve alots of stuff and known a lots of ppl during that period. Perform in front of a invited Norway string group (they perform the Four season in the next day!), went to singapore, bangkok for some performance tour and etc. I think the only thing left by that time is I don't have the chance to perform for once in the Malaysia Petronas Concert Hall during those period. So basically, it just like join the performance with orchestra in around the place would be my "current" ambition during that time >.>

Oh right now, I hope I can get a job after the graduation where there will be some TT club for me to play lol. Maybe in the future I would go back to home town and join the orchestra to play again too