What do you do with the rubbers on your previous blades?

What do you do with the rubbers on your previous blades

• Remove them after you started to use the new blade

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Leave them stuck on old blade for a short while, then remove them after transitioned to new blade

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Leave them stuck on the old blade for indefinite time

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Others (please comment below)

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
Hi everyone,
Curious as to what do you do with the rubbers on your previous blades, and the reasons behind it.

Do you leave them on the blade because there is a chance you may come back and play with it?
Do you remove the rubbers of the blade and put them onto the new blade?
What do you do with rubbers that have been on a previous blade for a few years? Do you remove them so they don't get stuck on the blade? Or just leave them be?
Or do you don't really care and just put the blade along with the rubbers in a drawer?

Thanks!

I stopped counting at 200 blades that have passed in my hands. I do retain about 6 blades which are too valuable to give away because of the autographs. As long as the blade is not really suited for my playstyle i would give them away or sell them. Only sold about 30% of them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Nice, very generous, but for every single blade that you don't use?

I guess my question is for blades that you think you may use again but not within the next 6 months or 1 year. Would you keep the rubber on or not.
Just put them in a bag or case and store away in a cool place. You don't want the rubbers to dry out from excessive heat. No need to remove them from the blade unless you intend to try other rubbers on the blade. The rubbers will likely not keep as well as they are harder to store without a blade in my experience.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
Just put them in a bag or case and store away in a cool place. You don't want the rubbers to dry out from excessive heat. No need to remove them from the blade unless you intend to try other rubbers on the blade. The rubbers will likely not keep as well as they are harder to store without a blade in my experience.

Are there any worries that if the rubbers are left on the blade for years, that it will be very difficult to remove them later?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Are there any worries that if the rubbers are left on the blade for years, that it will be very difficult to remove them later?

None. The only way that happens is if the original glue job used bad glue or you stored the rubbers in a hot place.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I tried to downsize the number of blades I had.

Currently have 4. Two collect dust and two are ones I realistically play with. Truth be told, I probably should just sell my backup.

Anyways, old rubbers? I generally pull them off an put them in a large ziplock bag. 1, you never know when you might want to try a new combo. So they're there ready to glue for you. 2, you'd be surprised how many of them you can sell at club for 5 bucks a pop. Just put a sign on your bag and leave it next to the sign-in window.

Considering my main rubber is commercial H3 Neo which goes for roughly $20, this is a pretty good return the way I see it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
you'd be surprised how many of them you can sell at club for 5 bucks a pop. Just put a sign on your bag and leave it next to the sign-in window.

Considering my main rubber is commercial H3 Neo which goes for roughly $20, this is a pretty good return the way I see it.

That is very smart!
I don't think I can do that in the local clubs, they may want to take commission.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Anyways, old rubbers? I generally pull them off an put them in a large ziplock bag. 1, you never know when you might want to try a new combo. So they're there ready to glue for you.

I also put them in zip lock bags, 2 face-to-face, and squeeze the air out then put them in a drawer.

In the past, I've also used saran wrap for each sheet.

Reactions: JeffM