ITTF-ATTU Asian Table Tennis Championships 2019

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
The November ranking will take into account the results of the WWC ....
Other things being equal, Ishikawa will lose more (the difference between the old points and the new ones) than Hirano...(-1913/-1785)...

but it's not important what they loose because of shedding of useless past points, but their best 8 they gained in 2019, plus T2 that matters.
Besides, WR is useless for ITo, Hirano, Ishikawa in Dec anyway, the only Tournament Grand Final seeding is determined by WT results.
But for Hayata, if she plays in Canada' Challenge +, WR matters. (We hope she goes, as traveling across frozen Canada to Toronto in the dead of winter is quite unpleasant, to say the least.)

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
but it's not important what they loose because of shedding of useless past points, but their best 8 they gained in 2019, plus T2 that matters.
Besides, WR is useless for ITo, Hirano, Ishikawa in Dec anyway, the only Tournament Grand Final seeding is determined by WT results.
But for Hayata, if she plays in Canada' Challenge +, WR matters. (We hope she goes, as traveling across frozen Canada to Toronto in the dead of winter is quite unpleasant, to say the least.)

I hope that the November ITTF rating will be used for seeding (in Canada), and not the December one ....(In the December ranking, Hayata will have a fall ....)

mrk

This user has no status.

mrk

This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Haters rejoice. Most depressing Harimoto ever.

What is depressing about his answers? He is realistic. I'm worried about his progress lately, he is still very young but it won't guarantee a major breakthrough. Lin Yu-Ju outpaced him and he isn't that much older.

Reactions: BlipBlop575
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
What is depressing about his answers? He is realistic. I'm worried about his progress lately, he is still very young but it won't guarantee a major breakthrough. Lin Yu-Ju outpaced him and he isn't that much older.

Note that it's depressing, not depressed. You're worried because of his depressing result.

https://forum.wordreference.com/threads/depressed-vs-depressing.3165848/
He is depressing - his behaviour or actions are causing low mood in other people.
He is depressed - things that are happening to him are causing low mood in him.

Everyone needs to stop being so damn depressing about his retirement. - Everyone needs to stop causing depression by discussing his retirement.
Everyone needs to stop being so damn depressed about his retirement. - Everyone needs to stop feeling miserable about the fact of his retirement.

Reactions: mrk
I think it's depressing that he isn't talking about becoming a more complete player.

His answers amount to 'well I didn't get a chance to play to my strengths'. The fact is things aren't always going to go your way, and you need to become more complete so that other people can't constantly take advantage of gaping flaws in your game. You don't wait for your opponent to let you play your game, you get a complete enough skillset to FORCE the game in your favour.

Jan 2018
You don't wait for your opponent to let you play your game, you get a complete enough skillset to FORCE the game in your favour.

That's the central idea guiding the CNT. I'll make your life miserable. Even ML ran into that problem as well.

An excerpt of LGL's assessment of WLQ, MLin, WH, ML, ZJK, XX after WTTC 2011:
http://sports.sohu.com/20110621/n310955653.shtml
  高水平的队员每个人都有自己的特点,王皓是自己怎么舒服怎么来,对手一旦进入他的节奏就好像是进入他设计好的程序一样,他说了算。包括王励勤打得好的时候也是这样,一旦进入他的圈,你想赢一个球都困难。

而跟马琳打,所有人都会觉得别扭,甭管你多有实力,就是难受,说不出来的难受。人家怎么难受他怎么来,算计人、算计球,就是他的风格、他的特长。尤其是大赛时,他死缠着你打,贴身肉搏。我12年前跟他打决赛就有这种感觉,他威胁很大伤到你了?没有,但就是难受。马琳的发球抢攻让对手发虚,即使是对方自己发球也会怕,在大赛中和马琳打球,对手都是小心翼翼的,一点错误不敢犯,心一直提着,觉得马琳就像根针,你一放松了他就给你来一下。

马龙的特点是非常全面,好的时候哪儿都好,但是到了关键时刻,他缺少“核武器”,缺少致命的杀手锏。马龙始终给人一种与人保持距离的感觉,能让对手施展开。其实马龙的前三板比马琳好,但是在大赛当中,他前三板的优势就体现不出来。平时他的攻防是最全面的,但是到大赛时防守总是虚的。他的头脑、手感、战术意识是强项,他现在要做的是一定要算计在别人前,想着怎么能把别人锁在他的圈里。光考虑自己打着舒服不行,应该是先让别人难受。

Reactions: quanghuysk
This user has no status.
You don't wait for your opponent to let you play your game, you get a complete enough skillset to FORCE the game in your favour.
Agreed. And this is why i think LYJ will turn out better than Harimoto in the long run, he's both more complete and forces the game in his favour.

Last edited:
Reactions: anchorschmidt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
375aac0fd5ff4b4a9b59d61c03405b36.jpg

SYS occupying centre-stage with XX says a lot huh.

Reactions: Vlad Celler