ITTF-ATTU Asian Table Tennis Championships 2019

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
CM/WMY vs Hirano/Ishikawa
5:9, 6:9, 6:10, 6:11. Hirano got most of the points as long as Ishikawa could keep up.
11:7. Ishikawa popped up so many receives. She just doesn't step up.
4:1, 5:5, 7:5, 8:6, 10:6, 11:7.
Ugh, Ishikawa, please...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
I wonder how Chinese coaches or Chinese players evaluate the comparative level of the game of Ito-Hayata and Ishikawa-Hirano ....

I have no confidence that Hayata will be present at the team world cup ... And there - WD.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Having a monster mom doesn't help. Harimoto's training time is getting hampered by her insistence for him to study at an ivy league school.

Reactions: AndroidRX93
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
I agree ... It is surprising that if I remember correctly, the coaches of Japan have never tried this option ....
they did, with good results, a while back, gold in German Op 2017, Czech & Bulgaria 2018.
but for Hirano-Hayata to happen, Hirano will have to squeeze out Ishikawa, and she’s only leading by 325 pts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Only if you think he looks like a schoolboy making the ATTC semis... Harimoto still looks lost. Not clear if he is growing fast enough...
I think it's the kind of game he plays against Xu Xin that makes it very difficult for him to avoid flurries of 3rd balls from every angle, the first point of the match he won with nice short pushes and he cheered and nodded to Coach Yosuke, I thought boy are you not showing your plans, next point he ditched it and went for the Chiquita, thing is XX himself is a master in the short game and probably Hari had doubts in mind whether short push sequences will suffice, he tried the Chiquita to every corner, XX was ready for both, he wants to play an open game against XX, way I see it unless a very underwhelming XX plays that day and the backhand struggles he won't beat XX cos he still doesn't have the pure counterloop power and staying ability especially from the forehand, also like in the franziska vs XX match few months ago, I think he has to find resources and sequences that'll make XX most uncomfortable and out of position like he started to find in the 3rd set and then attack, just focusing on attacking via Chiquita only won't do it for him

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
By the way XX looked drained from choing hard in the first two sets that he couldn't cho in the third it was kinda hilarious, also someone in the live stream said XX is a father now, can zeio or Janard confirm this

Jan 2018
Jan 2018
That's not the impression people give me watching him at tournaments. He trains everyday and pretty hard. Even on match days.

It's been widely reported that he trains after getting off school at 5:30pm on school days and only train full time on the weekends. Her mom has said on TV for years that table tennis is only the 3rd priority, after health and school.

https://www.upower.com.hk/article/470735-高中奧運兩不誤-張本智和每天放學後5點半練波

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
they did, with good results, a while back, gold in German Op 2017, Czech & Bulgaria 2018.
but for Hirano-Hayata to happen, Hirano will have to squeeze out Ishikawa, and she’s only leading by 325 pts.

The November ranking will take into account the results of the WWC ....
Other things being equal, Ishikawa will lose more (the difference between the old points and the new ones) than Hirano...(-1913/-1785)...

Jan 2018
FZD: No Harimoto? No fun. I'm out.