ITTF-ATTU Asian Table Tennis Championships 2019

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
I think the only way for the rest of the world to beat China in a team event would be to have an international team comprised of the biggest threats to China like LYJ, Harimoto, Calderano, Boll and Gauzy (maybe only threat to XX). Chances would still be low, but definitely higher than one country beating them.

Not sure about the lineup, but I would agree ; )

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Who else would you have for the lineup? I couldn't think of anyone who is as big a threat to China as these players, except Franziska and Falck maybe but their consistency isn't there yet imo.

LYJ, TH, An Jaehyun, Hugo Calderano.

Simon is an artist and Timo is the best player ... but my gut feeling tells me, the younger generation would stand a better chance against the CNT, the generation that doesn't know yet that CNT can't be challenged ...

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
XX/LSW 0-2 LSS/JHH
1:7, 4:7, TO for KOR, 5:7, 7:7, 7:9, 8:9, 8:10, 10:10, 12:10

XX/LSW 3-2 LSS/JHH

bang-head-stress-relief-sign-is-1323.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Astorix and jawien
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
XX/LSW Catch up 2 match points and get 1 game point then win 3rd game
WOW
still long way ahead

Bravo

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Without trying to put either of them down I think CCY and CCA are not big threats to the CNT like LYJ or TH, I can only see them putting up the most resistance and probably a shocking outcome against LGY or probably WCQ (which is getting more unlikely as he's very solid these days), As for FZD, ML, XX, or LJK it's very unlikely unless an off day happens, CCA has improved of course but I don't think he's at the level or consistency to challenge the latter four,I think the familiarity with LYJ is what made their recent fight a very intense one, And the thing is for doubles CcY/CCA or LCT/LYJ are not as strong as ML or FZD paired with XX, And as in the Japan match with XX vs TH the first match, the CNT may be keen to quickly match up the player with the better record against their main opponent as early as possible in the matchup, So for example although unlikely CNT can match up XX vs LYJ, and that's the match that decides if it's a fight or a walk in the park so either side will go all out, if XX wins, the other two matches will be strolls to victory, that's how this matches end quickly, If LYJ wins, it gets interesting, And we'll see if either of his teammates can get a win cos if CNT win the doubles which is most likely, even if LYJ wins 2 singles matchups( in the case of CCY/CCA playing doubles) which will be a very difficult task in itself, It's very unlikely CCY or CCA will secure a third win

Logically I agree. But what I will say is that it really comes down to LYJ. I think when he is playing well. CCA and CCY play better. And that might be enough under the right circumstances.

This user has no status.
I think the only way for the rest of the world to beat China in a team event would be to have an international team comprised of the biggest threats to China like LYJ, Harimoto, Calderano, Boll and Gauzy (maybe only threat to XX). Chances would still be low, but definitely higher than one country beating them.

In fact this idea had ever been put into practice several years ago, which is called China vs World Challenge.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_vs._World_Challenge

Reactions: Janard
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
In fact this idea had ever been put into practice several years ago, which is called China vs World Challenge.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_vs._World_Challenge

So interesting! This caught my eye:

24 June 2011 Shanghai
South Korea Kim Kyung-Ah
Singapore Feng Tianwei
Hong Kong Tie Ya Na

China Guo Yan
China Feng Yalan
China Zhu Yuling

World beats China 3-2

Wonder who beat who – would be great if you can shed light on this.

Also, if this is the winners' treatment, I shudder to think about losing.

cache.php

This user has no status.
So interesting! This caught my eye:

24 June 2011 Shanghai
South Korea Kim Kyung-Ah
Singapore Feng Tianwei
Hong Kong Tie Ya Na

China Guo Yan
China Feng Yalan
China Zhu Yuling

World beats China 3-2

Wonder who beat who – would be great if you can shed light on this.

Also, if this is the winners' treatment, I shudder to think about losing.

cache.php

GY > KKA
FYL < FTW
ZYl < TYN
GY < FTW
FYL > KKA

However I cannot find the score information...

The rule seems that even if one team reached 3 wins, all of 5 matches must be played.

http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/p/2011-06-24/19115631903.shtml

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
Really nice match, but the point at 07:03 just makes me smile everytime

Yeah, good match.
In fact I liked very much Hariomoto's play in this match. Very good tactical play and he managed to push away XX with perfect placements from side to side. Harimoto lost by self-defeating, too much errors in attack.

Reactions: jawien
Jan 2018
Hirano VS DHK
G4, 4:2, TO for Doo?, 4:5, 9:5, 9:7, 11:7.