LF new Blade Currently playing Keyshot

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Hello,

Im currently playing a Keyshot light with 82g for some years now but it is almost broken now.

I purchased a Harimoto blade with 89g but i found its too heavy for me to play.

Im looking for a blade which is light weight, maybe a bit faster than the keyshot but has the same feeling.

Im playing alot of spin and close range attacks.

I found yinhe blades to be interesting but they all weight 95g

im from germany with ~1900Points

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Most blades come in a range of weights. Either go to some shop with good selection and ask for a Harimoto (or whatever blade you like) around 82g. Or order from some online seller that lets you specify desired weight.

Fwiw my Hadraw SK was selected @86g from a set where the lightest was 81g and the heaviest 92g.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
My $.02 says: don’t obsess on weight.

It’s the balance that matters, when equipped with the rubbers of your choice.

I do agree with this. When I realized how much better blades that are a little heavier feel, and I thought about how, when I was a kid I used to swing a 34 inch baseball bat that weighed a lot more than the heaviest of TT rackets, I realized I had the strength to wield a 95 gram TT racket with heavy rubbers like H3 or MXP. And when it was in my head that I didn't need something too light as long as it was not too heavy (89 grams sounds like a good weight to me), then it became easy to get used to the added weight.

At some point I found out that a lot of the top players prefer blades in the weight range of 90-95 grams, it made sense to me giving that denser wood allows for better feel.

It was interesting to me how much of it was in my head when I didn't want to get used to a heavier blade. For a long time I had been led to believe that lighter was better. And when I decided that in that weight range above 90 felt better and gave more power into my shots, I decided that I wanted to get used to the heavier setup. Once I wanted to, I got used to the heavier setup pretty quickly.

However, if you cannot get used to something that is 89 grams, then Giang's advice is excellent as well.

Viscaria St can be found around 80g if u want a light blade

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Thank you for all your answers first of all.

I tried my Harimoto blade for 3 sessions but it felt like it was too heavy for my backhand, i made more powerful shots with my keyshot than my harimoto but with FH it was the opposite.

I think i will call Butterfly and ask for a viscaria in the 80-85g range.

I will probably try the Harimoto again once i have new rubbers because i used my old rubbers to test the blade and they are to small because the Keyshot is smaller in size compared to the Harimoto, so i had quite a big surface without rubber when i tested it

Reactions: Giangt