LF All Wood Blade like Korbel but with smaller head size

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
I havent had chance to play with a Korbel - how does it differ to a Primorac? I know it seems to be the usual transition from one to the other. Do they feel pretty similar?

Very similar but the Korbel feels slightly harder. I’ve used both with Rozena but prefer the Korbel. Both are great blades. Excellent value for money.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Very similar but the Korbel feels slightly harder. I’ve used both with Rozena but prefer the Korbel. Both are great blades. Excellent value for money.

Cool thanks. When you say harder is that less feeling or less dwell with it, ping off a bit faster?

There’s a couple of mizuno blades there meant to be pretty similar to the Korbel and Primo. Don’t know if that helps the OP

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Cool thanks. When you say harder is that less feeling or less dwell with it, ping off a bit faster?

There’s a couple of mizuno blades there meant to be pretty similar to the Korbel and Primo. Don’t know if that helps the OP

Less feeling / control yes, but not necessarily less dwell, especially since it has a larger head, so larger sweet spot and plenty flex still. I think the Korbel has one of the best ratios of control / speed.

Also, if you get a chance to buy a Korbel Japan, it feels much nicer than the European-made one. Same with the Primorac.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Got the Hadraw VK today. Definitely Koto. Definitely also designed to play kinda close to the Korbel but since it is Koto, it has a slightly lower arc and crisper sound and to be honest, given how spin oriented my game is, it doesn't hurt. My racket case now is the Korbel and the Hadraw. Had to sand the wings though. Butterfly should really do better in this regard. But as a Korbel for the plastic ball, a job well done. Wins the battle of the wood blades easily, though improbably didn't give a couple of the other wooden blades a fair chance.

Carbonado 45 is at the post office. Will test when I can.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
So I tested the Carbonado today and I liked it. Unforltunately, I didn't like the handle. Too thick. But it felt like a better Butterfly ALC blade. So I suspect if I manage to sand or change the handles, I might revisit at some point in the future. But for right now, I will be using the Hadraw and the Korbel will be the backup.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
So I tested the Carbonado today and I liked it. Unforltunately, I didn't like the handle. Too thick. But it felt like a better Butterfly ALC blade. So I suspect if I manage to sand or change the handles, I might revisit at some point in the future. But for right now, I will be using the Hadraw and the Korbel will be the backup.

I happen to happen a Maze Magic handle lying around, and I'll send it over if you want it. It's ST, though, probably no fit for the Carbonado.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Equipment:
Korbel/Hadraw VK/Carbonado 45

I got a Carbonado 145. Definitely faster than a Carbonado 45 and it tempts me to get a 245.

cache.php

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
I got a Carbonado 145. Definitely faster than a Carbonado 45 and it tempts me to get a 245.

I’ve recently switched to a Stiga sponsored club and have become friends with the guy who’s responsible for materials (textiles, tables, equipment etc) and supplier contracts. He had two setups with Mantra H a few weeks ago that I got to test. One on the 245 and one on the 290. Both were extremely fast. The 290 setup is probably the fastest setup that I’ve ever tried. The 245 was slower but still a bloody battle axe compared to the Korbel.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I’ve recently switched to a Stiga sponsored club and have become friends with the guy who’s responsible for materials (textiles, tables, equipment etc) and supplier contracts. He had two setups with Mantra H a few weeks ago that I got to test. One on the 245 and one on the 290. Both were extremely fast. The 290 setup is probably the fastest setup that I’ve ever tried. The 245 was slower but still a bloody battle axe compared to the Korbel.

Battle axe maybe but the feeling isn't that different. The Carbonado series is the first non Butterfly series that I have seriously felt have that hold on the ball when looping.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

As DerEchte said, things are in flux. The Korbel has been retired as it has a higher throw than the Hadraw and I don't need throw right now. The 145 just enables to get power without working half as hard and I am not sure why as I don't feel this way per se with Boll ALC and wonder whether it has something to do with how I glued the rubbers. But I will likely retire the 45 as well. I think the current trend is towards fast blades and less repulsive/hard rubbers in passive game on forehand.