LF All Wood Blade like Korbel but with smaller head size

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Not possible to make the handle heavier? I can imagine people here are good at stuff like this.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
They all say made in Japan so I can't tell the difference. 158 by 152.

Actually, that’s the first difference you will find, the euro version doesn't have the "Made in Japan" on it.

Since you already have the smaller Korbel, and you seem to have more than one, it may be a good thing to try the "beast mode" on one of them, as Lula suggested.

Or, get the heaviest Primorac you can find maybe.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Butterfly Hadraw VK. The V means 5 ply, the K means like a Korbel. Head size 157x150. Could be exactly what you're looking for.

Does it not have harder outside plies? From the one I tried I think it is still a very good idea and should fit the bill, just note that the handle is both pretty slim and short, in my view (and I tried anatomic - T80 felt great and probably not too far from your C-1 apart from sponge hardness; Roundell on the other side... I twiddled to play with the Ternergy either way, it's a great blade but does require something with a little punch, at least for my taste). Carbonado might feel very different?

This user has no status.
Reactions: romanzdk
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Does it not have harder outside plies? From the one I tried I think it is still a very good idea and should fit the bill, just note that the handle is both pretty slim and short, in my view (and I tried anatomic - T80 felt great and probably not too far from your C-1 apart from sponge hardness; Roundell on the other side... I twiddled to play with the Ternergy either way, it's a great blade but does require something with a little punch, at least for my taste). Carbonado might feel very different?
You're right. Hadraw has koto outer ply versus limba for Korbel.

Reactions: Ioiettino
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
NL, next time you are in NYC, if you want to try my OSP Virtuoso Plus to see how it feels, you can.

V+ is not too distant from Korbel and you can get them to make the head size you want. You can also get them to add weight to the handle. :)

BTW: Primorac has a smaller head but is also thinner. But they are still similar.

I still like my V+ more than any other blade I have used. :)

I have actually been thinking of getting OSP to make me a V+ that says: UpSideDownCarl V+ on the handle. :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Why not just sand the blade smaller? I do it all the time, trace out the preferred size and shape and rub with 80 grit sandpaper. 20 minutes work.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I am interested in why you Do not like headheavy? Can not move the arm fast enough? You look like a strong Guy! Maybe not suitable very close to the table. But van get good power in shots with headheavy i think.

Have Tried for a while? Maybe you Will adjust?

I also think that if you have kneeproblems Maybe you want something faster so you Do not need to Do as much weigth transfer. But then the ball Will also come back faster so need to move faster.