LF All Wood Blade like Korbel but with smaller head size

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
So I am going full EJ here. Going to test the following at some point and if I like the first one, then the conversation ends...

1. Carbonado 45
2. TSP Reflex Award 50
3. Lebesson
4. Persson Exclusive
5. Samsonov Premium Contact
6. Joola Flame Fast
7. Joola Viking

The last 2 are probably out of the running already because their handles are too large. And I could always stick with the Korbel. But I will report back in a few months with my opinion.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
This Will be interesting! I would have serious problem if i had so many to chose from. Better for me if i Do not have so much options. Would never be satisfied otherwise.

Can you elaborate about the grip being to big? Just personal preference? I am asking because from your videos you seem to be a big Guy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
This Will be interesting! I would have serious problem if i had so many to chose from. Better for me if i Do not have so much options. Would never be satisfied otherwise.

Can you elaborate about the grip being to big? Just personal preference? I am asking because from your videos you seem to be a big Guy

I like flatter handles and the Joola handles are too round and thick. My joint damage gives me some of the symptoms of elbow tendinitis and some of that is related to too much stress on the lower fingers holding/gripping the racket if the grip is big and the racket is too head heavy. A lot of what I am trying to do is put less stress on my lower 3 fingers when I use them. Hence my desire for a less head heavy racket.

I really like the Korbel so no one should get it wrong, but if I could find something less head heavy that was the same speed or even slightly faster and still soft, it would win. Some find the Korbel hard but I don't know what they are playing with to be honest.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I like flatter handles and the Joola handles are too round and thick. My joint damage gives me some of the symptoms of elbow tendinitis and some of that is related to too much stress on the lower fingers holding/gripping the racket if the grip is big and the racket is too head heavy. A lot of what I am trying to do is put less stress on my lower 3 fingers when I use them. Hence my desire for a less head heavy racket.

I really like the Korbel so no one should get it wrong, but if I could find something less head heavy that was the same speed or even slightly faster and still soft, it would win. Some find the Korbel hard but I don't know what they are playing with to be honest.

Okey! Maybe you can try a carbon blade but with woody feeling? then you get the best of both worlds if that kind of blade exists.

Maybe you can try to change the handles of blades aswell?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I would opine that if one finds a blade they like that fits the hand right, but it is too head heavy... I would be of opinion to recommend adding the "right" amount of weight to the handle... would recommend that over a new blade unless that new blade is so awesum.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
@NL
not what you are looking for, but i played with Korbel for more than 10 years, and I changed to Acoustic Carbon Inner which feels very similar but with more power without losing in control and enables more precise touch in the short game. Sounds bizarre ? but that's my feeling, i tested many carbon blades and thats the first time i found something which wasn't too fast and similar in feel to the Korbel

Reactions: guedir and lVegita
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
@NL
not what you are looking for, but i played with Korbel for more than 10 years, and I changed to Acoustic Carbon Inner which feels very similar but with more power without losing in control and enables more precise touch in the short game. Sounds bizarre ? but that's my feeling, i tested many carbon blades and thats the first time i found something which wasn't too fast and similar in feel to the Korbel
I think God sent you to post it here ;)

I after my beloved 1980 Stiga OC broke I have been searching for an all wood blade with similar feeling. My research tells me to go for old Korbel, Violin or Acoustic. None of these are cheap and I only want large handle.

Then out of the blue I found an Acoustic Carbon Inner with large handle for a great price. Not a lot of review on it. People say the feel is good. But I am still unsure if I should go for it. I love flex blades that have a strong springy kick when looping.

How exactly is Acoustic Carbon Inner compared to Korbel? Or have you played with any other wooden blades?

Sent from my PAR-LX9 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
I played for many years before with a Tibhar 4L and Mark V but I can’t remember much. It was a much slower setup for sure.

I think you will like the ACI. I was doing everything better from the start with it except the BH loop. But I have a hard sponge and it’s difficult to get the good feeling with it. I changed a little my technique to make the feel more similar to FH side and now I’m 100 % happy with it but if I take the Korbel back I still can play with it although it’s a bit slower. The feel is really similar to me

Last edited:
says Hello Mr. Jordan Thanks for reaching out. My email is...
Jan 2018
I have read some reviews that Korbel is kinda similar to Yasaka Sweden extra and some of the other Yasaka blades- YEO. Not much mention of Yasaka blades, I wonder why?

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I have read some reviews that Korbel is kinda similar to Yasaka Sweden extra and some of the other Yasaka blades- YEO. Not much mention of Yasaka blades, I wonder why?

The Korbel and the Sweden Extra are both 5-ply all wood frames, that’s true. However, the SE has a much crisper feeling to it.

A number if other Yasaka blades are moderately popular. The Sweden Allround (probably closer to the Korbel, but a bit slower), the Ma Lin series, the Goiabao. All good blades, for different playstyles.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

The Korbel and the Sweden Extra are both 5-ply all wood frames, that’s true. However, the SE has a much crisper feeling to it.

A number if other Yasaka blades are moderately popular. The Sweden Allround (probably closer to the Korbel, but a bit slower), the Ma Lin series, the Goiabao. All good blades, for different playstyles.

You guys should know that about 5-6 years ago, NL was using Yasaka Sweden Extra. So I have a feeling he knows why he isn't looking at that blade. One reason may be that the top ply of the Sweden Extra is Anegre which is harder than Limba. It could be something else, like, that the Sweden Extra is slower. But it may just be the top ply. :) However, I am sure NL can answer for himself if he wants. :)

One thing I know about NL is, he knows how to test and assess the usefulness of equipment and what it will help him do better than most. Much better than most. So, I am confident NL will already have a very clear idea of what he is looking for and has selected the blades he will try for specific reasons.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
I know NL is an experienced player and he has a good reason for switching. Just for my own knowledge, would love to hear NLs reasoning/assessment RE these blades. Thanks for all the replies, very good info.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Butterfly Hadraw VK. The V means 5 ply, the K means like a Korbel. Head size 157x150. Could be exactly what you're looking for.

The Hadraw VK is indeed the smaller head version of the Korbel Japan, same composition. That would also be my recommendation.

Other blades NL could consider: Like Carl mentioned, OSP Virtuoso or Virtuoso+ (same comp), Nittaku Acoustic (very similar comp, different core) a tad slower but you could upgrade to the Inner or Outer Carbon versions, and finally the Innerforce Layer ALC which honestly feels a lot like the a 5-ply all-wood blade and especially the Korbel but just has that extra kick when you accelerate into the ball.

Lastly, C-1 is great but very heavy, maybe you could stick to the Korbel and use rubbers similar to C-1 but less heavy? Tenergy 64 in 1.9mm?

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel