Why is zhang jike alc not so popular or used?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
because the person the blade is named from is using viscaria

LOL :D

I doubt that this would be a reason, but I like your answer and in general I think it's a problem when a lot of pro's are using other blades then they claim.

Donic Viscaria resized.jpg

Donic Viscaria... :D

Reactions: Ivan10edgardo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
LOL :D

I doubt that this would be a reason, but I like your answer and in general I think it's a problem when a lot of pro's are using other blades then they claim... :D

ZJK openly used Viscaria, which is part of the reason that it became such a popular blade. No handle jiggery-pokery from him at least.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
ZJK openly used Viscaria, which is part of the reason that it became such a popular blade. No handle jiggery-pokery from him at least.

No handle jiggery -pokery is much better then changing the handles which is straight lying imho.

But still this does not help to sell super zlc for zhang jike fan (and that's the ultimate goal of butterfly) who sees that zjang jike is using viscaria which is 3 times cheaper then super duper zlc

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Isn't Zjk alc just a remade Viscaria but with some diferences!?

It's the exact same comp and thickness as Viscaria, Timo Boll ALC and Spirit, and the Kenta ALC. Just a different design.

To answer OP, a lot of people use the ZJK ALC. It's more expensive than the first 3 blades I mentioned and those have been around a lot longer. Viscaria happens to be used by many pros and CNT players including ZJK himself so that only helps its sales. Same with the TB ALC used by many European pros etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ivan10edgardo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I think a lot of people use and like the Zhang Jike blade handle designs. While the Butterfly Koto ALC blades are all similar, their different handle designs appeal to different players. People who focus on price may pick a cheaper alternative, but people who focus on handle design and balance may pick the one best suited to them and that might be the Zhang Jike handle design.

I do agree that a lot of it is marketing, we still see new Timo Boll blades, but I suspect that Butterfly is looking for someone to rebrand the Zhang Jike design with.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I think a lot of people use and like the Zhang Jike blade handle designs. While the Butterfly Koto ALC blades are all similar, their different handle designs appeal to different players. People who focus on price may pick a cheaper alternative, but people who focus on handle design and balance may pick the one best suited to them and that might be the Zhang Jike handle design.

I do agree that a lot of it is marketing, we still see new Timo Boll blades, but I suspect that Butterfly is looking for someone to rebrand the Zhang Jike design with.

Also, these all-too-similar Butterfly Koto ALC blades do offer different handle sizes and shapes on top of the different designs.

The Timo Boll ALC and Spirit have smaller handles than the Viscaria / ZJK ALC. The first too offer square ST handles whereas the latter offer round ST handles.

Finally, the Kenta FL handle is even slimmer than the Timo Boll's.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 1 reviews
Also, these all-too-similar Butterfly Koto ALC blades do offer different handle sizes and shapes on top of the different designs.

The Timo Boll ALC and Spirit have smaller handles than the Viscaria / ZJK ALC. The first too offer square ST handles whereas the latter offer round ST handles.

Finally, the Kenta FL handle is even slimmer than the Timo Boll's.

Too bad they don't make at least one blade with thick handle like Stiga legend handle
7e105c384e1e18dc8740bfccb2bb7a86.gif

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 1 reviews
Ah too big for me, but you're right, they should give handle size options for their most popular blades!

You probably have the same problem with DHS and many other companies.

You're good with Tibhar handles?

Exactly. They all too thin :(
The only Tibhar blade I tried is Force Pro Black Edition. It's handle better then TB ALC or DHS blades but still I wish it was wider