Rubber Recommendations for Joola Aruna OFF

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Hello, I am an intermediate table tennis player looking for rubber recommendations that are cheaper than $40 suited for all around attacking playstyle. Thank you .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
I agree that it would be hard to enjoy playing an ALL style with the Aruna OFF. Maybe change your choice of paddle? or if you've bought it already look for slower rubbers. Just my advice as a newer player.

Whoops, got confused on which playstyle is which. Anyways, my current playstyle is more of a controlled offensive / counter-hitter. Also, I had already purchased this blade and I am looking for rubber recommendations with this playstyle. Thank you

Reactions: thomas.pong
I am also a controlled offensive counter-hitter, and I use the Donic Waldner OFF 2016 which bears some similarity to the Aruna OFF. I just started a thread about these awesome Chinese rubbers by Gambler! The Gambler Mech-Tek Predator is a pips-in foam-backed rubber that has epic spin when you kick it into gear, very respectable speed and high catapult which I have used to make cross blocks against topspin loops. It loves engaging for the forehand topspin too, so I think you'll love them! At only $14.00 per side you can't go wrong!

Edit: This rubber seems to be a Tenergy copy. I hope I've helped out!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Donic Waldner OFF 2016 which bears some similarity to the Aruna OFF.

Aruna off has carbon fibres and Hinoki outer plys. To compare it to a 5ply all wood isn´t quite fair.

Rossi Emotion is the right Joola choise for AR.

There is a fair amount of opinions that Aruna off is Rossi Emotion in green.
Some people claim that Aruna has Kiri inner ply, while Rossi has Ayous.
Joola unfortunately said different things on website and catalogue.

However, similarities are big enough (or differences too small) to claim one is for Allround while the other is not suitable or too challenging.

As for rubbers, with the right discount there should be a variety of rubbers for under 40 $. Or do you mean 40 for both?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Whoops, got confused on which playstyle is which. Anyways, my current playstyle is more of a controlled offensive / counter-hitter. Also, I had already purchased this blade and I am looking for rubber recommendations with this playstyle. Thank you

Sorry. But, based on what you just said above, you should get an Appelgren Allplay BLADE and put on Mark V or one of the Chinese rubbers Yoass recommended and sell the Aruna blade. You can get a whole setup for the price of the that blade and it would be better for you. If you are playing the style you say, the Aruna blade will make it harder for you to improve. The Appelgren blade will help you improve.

If you don't have footage of yourself, take a phone, anyone's phone will do, and have someone film you just hitting for 2 min.

I think I am accurate without the footage. But, the footage could show I am wrong. If you post footage of yourself playing we will be able to recommend equipment that would help you. But it is likely that the blade and rubbers I already mentioned would be best for you.

Last edited:
There is a fair amount of opinions that Aruna off is Rossi Emotion in green.
Some people claim that Aruna has Kiri inner ply, while Rossi has Ayous.
Joola unfortunately said different things on website and catalogue.

However, similarities are big enough (or differences too small) to claim one is for Allround while the other is not suitable or too challenging.

As for rubbers, with the right discount there should be a variety of rubbers for under 40 $. Or do you mean 40 for both?

The Hinoki outer of Aruna is much thicker than that of Rossi Emotion. The core is different.
And Rossi Emotion is definitely better for AR. Its OFF- capable, but has a nonlinear sudden change of speed to do this.
Aruna is much more linear and is really faster. Rossi Emotion is more flexy and helps a higher throw.

I don't know who says what, but for me the differences are well enough to classify those blades in different categories.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Within these confines, I'd go for DHS Neo Hurricane 3, Yinhe Big Dipper or Friendship Battle II probably - although you might get to spent just slightly over $40.

Regarding the Neo Hurricane 3 and the Yinhe Big Dipper and knowing these two are Chinese tacky rubbers, do you these two rubbers would perform as well even if they weren't tuned with some sort of booster? Boosters are too expensive in my opinion and I wanted to know if those 2 rubbers are worth it even if they aren't boosted. Thanks