Rubber Recommendations for Joola Aruna OFF

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
For a Chinese rubber that does not need boosting and is VERY inexpensive:

Dawei 2008XP Super Power

It is $8 or $9 a sheet and it is pretty good.

But still, if money is tight selling the blade and getting something better for you would be....well....better for you.

Yinhe Galaxy 896 with 2008XP on both sides would be an excellent choice and would cost about $35.00 total (blade and rubbers combined).

Then you could spend under $40.00 on the whole setup and have something better for you than you would with the Aruna blade. And then you could sell the Aruna blade in your own time and have an extra $100.00 in your pocket. [emoji2]

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I doubt this. With Aruna having signed to GEWO, Joola are now selling it new for 50 Euro. ;)

Oh. Okay. 50 Euro still means the other setup is free and there is cash left over. :)

I am happy to not be up to date on all the equipment changes that have happened in the past few years.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
XP2008, Focus III, and several others are an option for under 20 each with shipping... and can be used with current blade, even if blade may be too fast.

I would concur with Carl, sell blade or trade... someone around you should give you and ALL+ to OFF- blade and a used rubber for your blade.

You could roll successfully either way.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
After a couple months of having this paddle, I now actually realize that this current main setup I have which is the
Joola Aruna Off
Donic Bluefire JP 01 Turbo
Joola Rhyzm P
is actually too fast for me. I will keep this setup for the future once my strokes are well developed. I made a very big mistake with this.

For now, I'm planning to buy a Yinhe blade that costs around ~10-15 dollars. But I have a few of questions to ask you guys,

1. Should I try out their 5-ply / 7-ply all-wood blades or stick with carbon blades such as the T-11+ or the T-1 S? And what are the differences between 5-ply and 7-ply all wood blades?

Thank you all for giving me a lot of suggestions and I honestly wasn't expecting a ton of people to help a newbie out. Thanks guys this really is a great community

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
After a couple months of having this paddle, I now actually realize that this current main setup I have which is the
Joola Aruna Off
Donic Bluefire JP 01 Turbo
Joola Rhyzm P
is actually too fast for me. I will keep this setup for the future once my strokes are well developed. I made a very big mistake with this.

For now, I'm planning to buy a Yinhe blade that costs around ~10-15 dollars. But I have a few of questions to ask you guys,

1. Should I try out their 5-ply / 7-ply all-wood blades or stick with carbon blades such as the T-11+ or the T-1 S? And what are the differences between 5-ply and 7-ply all wood blades?

Thank you all for giving me a lot of suggestions and I honestly wasn't expecting a ton of people to help a newbie out. Thanks guys this really is a great community

T11 is crazy fast.

If Aruna is too fast for you, you should stick with an all wood 5 ply blade.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Butterfly Rozena 1.9 mm both sides or Xiom Vega Europe 2.0mm both sides.

And since you're looking for a new blade, a Butterfly Primorac or Korbel, a Stiga Allround or Offensive Classic, or a Yasaka Sweden Extra would all be great options for you.

But Carl's suggestions are by far the cheapest and will work perfectly.

Last edited:
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I know that tabletennis11.fr (JC in the shop in Paris) recommend 1.8mm Vega Pro on both sides of the Rossi Emotion, and I think it would match all your criteria. It's a little on the hard side and makes you work for your shots, but it's dead stable and should pair nicely with your two-speed hinoki-surfaced blade.

I'd say that's a great setup but because of the hardness of Vega Pro, I'd recommend Vega Europe 2.0mm on both sides of the Rossi Emotion.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
I'd say that's a great setup but because of the hardness of Vega Pro, I'd recommend Vega Europe 2.0mm ob both sides of the Rossi Emotion.

Hi Thomas,
the OP said he or she played "controlled offensive and counter-hitter", which I understand as not looping everything and blocking quite a bit. And with what everyone was mentioning (it starts to get too long since I've tried just a variation of it, the TPE) about the non-linear behaviour of the blade, the Vega Pro seemed to make sense. It depends on their preferences, but this kind of hardness is almost middle of the road these days. VP in that sponge thickness doesn't have any kind of unexpected behaviour and could be a transition to a wider range of styles, in my opinion of course.

Last edited:
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hi Thomas,
the OP said he or she played "controlled offensive and counter-hitter", which I understand as not looping everything and blocking quite a bit. And with what everyone was mentioning (it starts to get too long since I've tried just a variation of it, the TPE) about the non-linear behaviour of the blade, the Vega Pro seemed to make sense. It depends on their preferences, but this kind of hardness is almost middle of the road these days. VP in that sponge thickness doesn't have any kind of unexpected behaviour and could be a transition to a wider range of styles, in my opinion of course.

Salut,
I'm just being picky, really! :) Your suggestion is a very good one, excellent blade which would work great for OP, either set of Vegas would work well on it and it would totally depend on preference as you said.

Last edited: