Butterfly Gionis Carbon

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Hi,

I'm interested in the Gionis Carbon blade series, mainly the offensive but allround version as well. I don't need a new blade (for certain), but am curious about this blade due to the low price (for a Butterfly blade at least) as well as there being very little written about in here and on other forums. I have come around a couple of threads from german speaking tt forums (the google-translate is very entertaining) but mostly on the discontinued(?) defensive version of the blade.

There doesn't seem to be a consus regarding the blades composition but from what i understand it might be a Korbel (which is what Gionis is playing right?) with inner-carbon. Composition should be limba-limba-carbon-ayous-carbon-limba-limba. This together with the larger headsize 159x152 sounds very interesting to me. I understand that it is not "made in japan" and therefore likely does not have as high building quality as other Butterfly blades but none the less I find it surprising that there is so little information on this blade.

So... If this is correct there is a Butterfly inner-carbon blade at a considerably lower (like half) price than their other blades and with a composition which sounds interesting that apparently very few plays with. Do anyone know why?

Also, if anyone has experience playing with it please share your opinion on the blade.

Thank you/
Anton

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hi,

I'm interested in the Gionis Carbon blade series, mainly the offensive but allround version as well. I don't need a new blade (for certain), but am curious about this blade due to the low price (for a Butterfly blade at least) as well as there being very little written about in here and on other forums. I have come around a couple of threads from german speaking tt forums (the google-translate is very entertaining) but mostly on the discontinued(?) defensive version of the blade.

There doesn't seem to be a consus regarding the blades composition but from what i understand it might be a Korbel (which is what Gionis is playing right?) with inner-carbon. Composition should be limba-limba-carbon-ayous-carbon-limba-limba. This together with the larger headsize 159x152 sounds very interesting to me. I understand that it is not "made in japan" and therefore likely does not have as high building quality as other Butterfly blades but none the less I find it surprising that there is so little information on this blade.

So... If this is correct there is a Butterfly inner-carbon blade at a considerably lower (like half) price than their other blades and with a composition which sounds interesting that apparently very few plays with. Do anyone know why?

Also, if anyone has experience playing with it please share your opinion on the blade.

Thank you/
Anton

I think your analysis of this blade is on point. I haven't played with it but from what I've read and understand, both versions are more defensive than offensive even with the misleading name. The Korbel Japan still seems like a better blade. If you are interested in a quality inner carbon blade, I'd recommend you try an Innerforce Layer ALC, they can be found used for 90-100€.