Tenergy 05

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
fair enough great points made for me it feels too slow and acts too slow to do anything without boosting , yes i agree its not not needed

Any way you would be able to post video footage. I would like to see how you play. Maybe we will be able to see why you feel T05 is too slow for you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
i just watched video with Peter Korbel and he says rubber (he is playing with t05) needs to be replaced after three days with his frequency of training and one and half month by average player ... because then it lost spin and become wear out ...

Pros are also very consistent in hitting a particular sweet spot with their contact, so they can wear out that sweet spot really fast with lots of training. If they gave you that used sheet, it would feel like a new sheet with at most one dead spot which you might never hit because you are contacting the ball far less precisely usually. Lots of pros give their used sheets to other players who use them almost forever, except for the pros who are forced to return sheets before they get new ones so they can't create a black market.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Pros are also very consistent in hitting a particular sweet spot with their contact, so they can wear out that sweet spot really fast with lots of training. If they gave you that used sheet, it would feel like a new sheet with at most one dead spot which you might never hit because you are contacting the ball far less precisely usually. Lots of pros give their used sheets to other players who use them almost forever, except for the pros who are forced to return sheets before they get new ones so they can't create a black market.
actually i have got to test one sheet after pro from Czech republic (in the time around 90 in world classification ) who has made a give away to my friend after one week of usage ... it was T80FX and it was so soft like like 32 degrees .... horrible ... te just beat the life from it .. so no ... i do not think they are usable at all .

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
actually i have got to test one sheet after pro from Czech republic (in the time around 90 in world classification ) who has made a give away to my friend after one week of usage ... it was T80FX and it was so soft like like 32 degrees .... horrible ... te just beat the life from it .. so no ... i do not think they are usable at all .

You couldn't use it or your friend couldn't use it or it was unusable?

Well, the wear pattern of every Pro player is different in size and shape, but I would not say that its so small that an amateur could not feel it and will play it like a new. Yes, the rubber may be still "playable", but with a good level of inconsistency. And if you compare such rubber with a new one the first thing a player would notice is the quality of the serveces. Service quality is the first thing that indicates the degradation of the rubber properties. But if a player doesn't care much about that department, as most intermediate club players, he/she may feel the rubber to be in good shape for a longer time.
Speaking of months and years is not correct and doesn't give any information about the real playtime lifespan.
And for most players the actual playtime is 80-160 hrs.

This user has no status.
Any way you would be able to post video footage. I would like to see how you play. Maybe we will be able to see why you feel T05 is too slow for you.

i dont use it anymore also, and for me personally after using a booted tin arc 5 and battle 2 red sponge they both last 6 months im generally pleased with them but normal tin arc 5 top sheet kinda doesn't hold up

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Well, the wear pattern of every Pro player is different in size and shape, but I would not say that its so small that an amateur could not feel it and will play it like a new. Yes, the rubber may be still "playable", but with a good level of inconsistency. And if you compare such rubber with a new one the first thing a player would notice is the quality of the serveces. Service quality is the first thing that indicates the degradation of the rubber properties. But if a player doesn't care much about that department, as most intermediate club players, he/she may feel the rubber to be in good shape for a longer time.
Speaking of months and years is not correct and doesn't give any information about the real playtime lifespan.
And for most players the actual playtime is 80-160 hrs.

Depends on the amateur or the fellow pro. I have seen people discard stuff that other people went on to use for years. Everyone has a different standard for usabilty. I could use the same sheet for a year without feeling it that much. I played with someone yesterday who hasn't bought new rubber in over a year and he still beat me as badly as he did with the same technique as when he was a regular player. And this was someone who used to play/coach almost everyday during college and even during his summers.

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
The best rubber is Tenergy 05 on the market. The second best is Evolution MXP. And the others are not so useable if you are professional except the chosen ones of each brands.