Tenergy 05

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
boosted or none?

Do you have a reason for boosting T05. I know guys who are very high level who do boost T05. But if you are boosting T05, what would be your reason? The rubber does not really need it. And I don't see much of a reason for it unless you are playing at a very high level and trying to win tournaments where there are cash prizes for for placing in the top 4. Which is the level the guys I know of who boost rubbers like Tenergy.

It does feel great boosted. But it ensures that you need to change rubbers more frequently. Whereas, boosting with H3 makes total sense to me.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I have found T25 and T05 to be very long lasting. I still have a paddle with 6+yo T25 mounted on it. It still plays well.
My rubbers do tend to chip where the rubber is brushing on the table when I push.
Good edge tape is a good investment if you buy a Tenergy. Most edge tapes are too thin and don't protect the rubber if I push and hit the table. I have some electricians tape with viberglass strands in it that does a good job of protecting the rubber and blade.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
i just watched video with Peter Korbel and he says rubber (he is playing with t05) needs to be replaced after three days with his frequency of training and one and half month by average player ... because then it lost spin and become wear out ...

i just watched video with Peter Korbel and he says rubber (he is playing with t05) needs to be replaced after three days with his frequency of training and one and half month by average player ... because then it lost spin and become wear out ...

Well, its relly like that, but from his Top level point of view.
Here the usual lifespan of T05 for Pro players is 1 month. If you take such 1 month used rubbers you would use them for no more than a month more.
For amateurs its different and you can't compare the lifespan, as it depends on style, dynamics, intensity, care, personal sensitivity to properties changes and soon.
But usually the normal lifespan is between 80 and 160 hours of play.

This user has no status.
Do you have a reason for boosting T05. I know guys who are very high level who do boost T05. But if you are boosting T05, what would be your reason? The rubber does not really need it. And I don't see much of a reason for it unless you are playing at a very high level and trying to win tournaments where there are cash prizes for for placing in the top 4. Which is the level the guys I know of who boost rubbers like Tenergy.

It does feel great boosted. But it ensures that you need to change rubbers more frequently. Whereas, boosting with H3 makes total sense to me.

fair enough great points made for me it feels too slow and acts too slow to do anything without boosting , yes i agree its not not needed