I'm Looking To Buy A Table. Suggestions?

What Brand Table Do You Prefer?

• Total voters
I'm considering purchasing a quality table tennis table as I don't have one for personal use. I play on an old Kettler aluminum coated table that I like, but I do not own and as such can't train on it all the time. If I did purchase a table I would be playing with my dad a lot, and as amateurs we don't need the finest but also want a good table. Our budget can be flexible, I am considering a table anywhere around $1000 or less. I might buy a cheap table, I might buy a nicer table, but as I live in Alaska I basically have to buy online. Recommendations are welcome!

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
My guess is that Joola tables will be a good value. Others can comment.
I play at the office on a Donic Waldner 25 or 30 ( don’t remember). Beautiful playing quality on this table.

The Donic tables and especially the Waldner models are very good.

I'm not a fan of the Joola and Stiga tables' gloss and bounce.

If I had to buy a table for myself or my club, I'd buy the Butterfly Space Saver 22:

https://shop.butterflyonline.com/space-saver-table

Or if you don't ever have put it away the Europa 25:

https://shop.butterflyonline.com/europa-25-stationary-table

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
You should get one with a 25mm surface. Other than that the top coating is important. The normal Donic tables are kinda slow, the balls stops because they are a bit rougher than the usual Butterfly tables. Those are slick, I like those more with the new ABS balls.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
You should get one with a 25mm surface. Other than that the top coating is important. The normal Donic tables are kinda slow, the balls stops because they are a bit rougher than the usual Butterfly tables. Those are slick, I like those more with the new ABS balls.

True, I prefer the slickness of the Butterfly tables. I think their 22mm top is good too.

Also, Tibhar tables seem to have that slicker top.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
30mm is faster with different bounce than most tournament tables which are 25mm. It’s more likely to play on 25mm if you play in a tournament for example.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
You also may consider looking at the Cornilleau indoor/outdoor tables. They are pretty good, not too expensive, and will last a long time whether it is indoors or outdoors.

I second that.

https://youtu.be/Uv-8vilmzSg

https://youtu.be/NRLTmazK7n4

I have played quite a bit on the same tables as the one in the Drinkhall video and they are both affordable and with good playing characteristics, but I would have upgraded one level if I was the one buying. The structure isn't quite as sturdy and stable as previous generations, though keep in mind I worry about those things for club use and especially kids, but would be one happy camper if I had anything like it at home.
The old 650 were monsters of stability, so pleasant to use - you felt the hard top sort of cushioned by the laminated wood structure which absorbs the vibrations (still very sharp play and clear sound). The best way I could describe it is "comfortable" playing if that makes any sense, or even should make any. I see they have the 850 Wood these days which would be a killer in a (non-existent, so far as I am concerned) dining/playing room, but having just seen the full retail price - man, would I need a discount.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
By the way, the table in the Gauzy video is one of the top-end outdoor tables, I don't remember the references. Do you have a garden? :p

And no, I don't work for them! But speaking as a French native, you get to use these tables quite a bit as they are far and away the most popular brand (who would have guessed).
But back to basics yes, as Fabian said thick and good quality top first, whatever you buy.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl