I'm Looking To Buy A Table. Suggestions?

What Brand Table Do You Prefer?

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Wait, and now I'll learn to first double check and put everything into a single post, but in the Gauzy video it is the same 500 I was saying I used a good number of times, except for the outdoor coating and colours. Sure looks sturdy enough for them, now I am wondering if the two I used were misassembled, as in not tightly enough or something. They don't have the rigidity they seem they should have (it's never an issue when in play, just a feeling I have when folding and moving them around).

Last edited:
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I second that.

https://youtu.be/Uv-8vilmzSg

https://youtu.be/NRLTmazK7n4

I have played quite a bit on the same tables as the one in the Drinkhall video and they are both affordable and with good playing characteristics, but I would have upgraded one level if I was the one buying. The structure isn't quite as sturdy and stable as previous generations, though keep in mind I worry about those things for club use and especially kids, but would be one happy camper if I had anything like it at home.
The old 650 were monsters of stability, so pleasant to use - you felt the hard top sort of cushioned by the laminated wood structure which absorbs the vibrations (still very sharp play and clear sound). The best way I could describe it is "comfortable" playing if that makes any sense, or even should make any. I see they have the 850 Wood these days which would be a killer in a (non-existent, so far as I am concerned) dining/playing room, but having just seen the full retail price - man, would I need a discount.

Man, I'm not a big fan of the Cornilleau tables and they are pretty much in every club here in France, including mine which has 30+ of them covering just about every model: 850, 740, 640, 540, 500, 340... They are definitely sturdy but most of them are heavy as hell to roll around and not compact once folded. The bounce is decent but not the best, the top seems to wear out faster than Butterfly tables too, they lose their shine quite easily. The 850 looks nice, the grey top is good if the lighting is uneven as it doesn't shine it back, however the 740 has a better bounce, our National level team also preferred it for that reason. And they're hella expensive compared to Buttefly, Donic, Tibhar... However Cornilleau's outdoor tables are by far the best. Yes I'm a terrible salesperson for France!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ioiettino