suggest rubber for DHS Power G9/PG9

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
last few days i have researched for the blade and rubber to buy. my need is good topspin, after little confusion i plan to go with DHS Power G9/PG9.

Piles
: 7ply wood (outer 2 ply are koto wood)
Type:OFF
Blade Brand:DHS
Material:Wood
Weight:89g

<tbody>
</tbody>

comparatively any good blade just let me know that also. (after research my idea to go with flexible blade with mid hard and tacky rubber. if i am wrong please let me know?) kindly suggest good rubber for this blade both forehand side and backhand side (and also suggest same rubber for both sides or different?).

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I didn't like the G9 very much, but you are right about it being slightly hard yet flexible blade. (To me) its a bit on the slow side, and works better with very hard, but still fairly fast rubbers. I used to use the G9 with Haifu Whale 2. Nowadays, the 729 Bloom Power on H47 (hard) sponge is a good balance, slightly faster than H3.

If you want medium hardness, then the H42 Bloom, or Battle 2 is a good alternative. Keep in mind that 2 tacky rubbers on the G9 will be fairly heavy.

Reactions: blade1234
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Thanks for the replay i will keep in mind what you suggest. and you mention G9 is not better so any other blade can you suggest for me?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The actual idea is that you find blade and rubbers that will be good for you. Not a random blade and not rubbers that are good for the blade but not good for you.

To know what might be good for you it will help if we know how you play and what level you play at. How long have you been playing? Are you an offensive player or something else? What is your current setup (blade and rubbers)?

Someone like a coach who sees you play and knows how you play would be better at giving you advice on equipment that will suit YOUR needs. What you are doing here, without giving any information about yourself, is almost like asking us to tell you what your shoe size is.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
thanks for reply
now i am using premade racket. my style offensive topspin style.
Given some signs, I'm pretty sure this will end up with a 5ply + middle of the road rubbers both sides.

A price range and where you can buy from would help to.

Since you are using a premade, I'll give it a try:
Yinhe Earth 3 + Sanwei Taiji (pink) both sides, from AliExpress.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
thank you:)

Given some signs, I'm pretty sure this will end up with a 5ply + middle of the road rubbers both sides.

A price range and where you can buy from would help to.

Since you are using a premade, I'll give it a try:
Yinhe Earth 3 + Sanwei Taiji (pink) both sides, from AliExpress.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
the pg9 is very fast, bouncy and low throw.
more suited to euro style, with no more than med-hard rubbers but high throw.
try a softer h3 or g-1 or vega pro