Limba + ALC Blades

says there are no elevators to success.........you will have...
says there are no elevators to success.........you will have...
Apr 2017
Read 1 reviews
I've decided to switch from my Hurricane Long 3. I really like the dwell time it offers for spinning the ball.... But I feel I'm missing out on fast and direct strokes.
So I want a blade with Limba and Alc combination....
Any suggestions??

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
You'll have to switch to a viscaria or TB ALC to enjoy more power, but you'll lose the dwell time

Innerforce ALC is a great blade but while it can go faster than your current blade, you need proper technique to get the speed out.

Viscaria and Timo Boll ALC are koto outer, not limba.

And you need even greater technique than with Innerforce ALC to even play with these blades which are not forgiving.

Reactions: Der_Echte
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Donic Ovtcharov Number One is a good version of the inner alc (like HL5) for not very much money (relatively). If you want to just try something to get a feel, the DHS PG5 is the same composition, is very cheap and has a nice handle. The Fang Bo 2 is again the same composition, but mine at least has a thinner handle.

Reactions: thomas.pong
I've decided to switch from my Hurricane Long 3. I really like the dwell time it offers for spinning the ball.... But I feel I'm missing out on fast and direct strokes.
Any suggestions??

tibhar VS unlimited.
You can watch PechPing on YouTube, and the game against USATT 2600 using this blade and K3 both sides.

Butterfly Freitas is also limba/ALC

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Edit - just seen that this is a zombie thread!!

I would recommend the Freitas or a Maze if you want a slower still version (and can find a used one)

The Freitas is slightly slower and offers more control than then outer ALC koto blades, and also feels softer.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Any suggestions??

You can switch to DHS Fang bo B2x, which I really like it, or DHS Long 5, which I never tried bu is quite expensive. I would say that Fang Bo b2x is a budget version of long 5, the difference is that long 5 has 2 outer layers of limba and B2X has the outer of limba and the 2nd of ayous.
However, long 3 is not slow, it isn't just as fast as carbon blades. If you think you need more speed, you can always switch to a faster rubber and maintain your blade.