2019 Bulgaria Open (World Tour)

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Nice play by Ito, but she still needs to work out mentality. She misses some easy balls which are quite crutial and that makes her mood down and start playing 50%.

I think you’re referring to the flat kills missed in the last game (or two). If that’s the case, I would question that classification of easy. Placement and spin made them more complicated than they seem, I think. They were possible, that I agree, but no walk in the park.

And didn’t she recover? I didn’t see liss of confidence or effort afterwards, quite the contrary.

Fanboi spectacles, maybe, but I’m just not seeing this.

The same goes for that high kill that Mizutani missed entirely. The backspin on that ball was extreme, its bounce and flight after the bounce tricky and awkward. Doable? Certainly. Easy? No.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I think you’re referring to the flat kills missed in the last game (or two). If that’s the case, I would question that classification of easy. Placement and spin made them more complicated than they seem, I think. They were possible, that I agree, but no walk in the park.

And didn’t she recover? I didn’t see liss of confidence or effort afterwards, quite the contrary.

Fanboi spectacles, maybe, but I’m just not seeing this.

The same goes for that high kill that Mizutani missed entirely. The backspin on that ball was extreme, its bounce and flight after the bounce tricky and awkward. Doable? Certainly. Easy? No.
I am talking about earlier performance in set 2. After the come back she was smiling all the time and looked like they can finish chinese in 3 stright games, every shot she made was there, she was the leader of the team. After that she totally lowered her level and Mizutani had to play more agressive.
IT is not only the kill shots, also few blocks and pushes.
Those kill missed by Mizutani was extremely hard to execute.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Dima's game is structurally flawed. Such a glaring hole that's been left unpatched after so many years.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Dima's game is structurally flawed. Such a glaring hole that's been left unpatched after so many years.

Agreed, but he has moments when he gets it workable and moments when it is not. But when he loses to these up and comers, it reminds me that his game is just wrong. In fact to me, how he plays against them speaks more loudly than how he does against the top A-players.

Reactions: yoass and zeio
Jan 2018
Lol.

Host to Translator: You've beaten Dimitrij who is 11th in the world. Did you expect to win?
Translator to ZZH: You played very beautifully today. Was it luck?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/intl/blog/life-bilingual/201109/those-incredible-interpreters
Authors Brian Harris and Bianca Sherwood, some years prior, had described a young Italian girl (BS) who, before she was four, was already interpreting between the Abruzzi dialect and Italian. She then acquired Spanish when her family moved to Venezuela, and English when they moved to Canada. In no time at all she was interpreting from, and to, these languages for her parents: phone calls, conversations, messages, radio and TV programs, etc. In addition, she quickly developed diplomatic skills, softening her father's outbursts when bargaining with non-Italians. Her father once told her to call his interlocutor a nitwit; she calmly said, "My father won't accept your offer"!

Jan 2018
Harimoto's BH has been reworked some. It's shorter, more explosive and he can now switch b/w a spinny drive and a punchy drive seamlessly in a point.

G5, 6:2, 13:11.

Kudos to Takuya Jin for reaching this far.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Intriguing choice of the DJ after game 3...

https://genius.com/Kanye-west-clique-lyrics
Ain't nobody ****in' with my clique
Clique, clique, clique, clique
Ain't nobody fresher than my muh'****in' clique
As I look around, they don't do it like my clique
And all these bad bitches, man
They want the, they want the, they want the

This user has no status.
funny, Mizutani's coach is GC Foester

I've seen him quite a few times in amateur tournaments in Tokyo, I've not played against him yet (he'd crush me of course), but my teammate played against him once (and lost)... and he coached a buddy against me, but i won :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
I envy you with good envy ....
The last time I held a racket in 2011 ... Then a severe heart Infarkt .. The first heart Infarkt ....
After the second - you can’t even worry much ....

Jan 2018
funny, Mizutani's coach is GC Foester

I've seen him quite a few times in amateur tournaments in Tokyo, I've not played against him yet (he'd crush me of course), but my teammate played against him once (and lost)... and he coached a buddy against me, but i won :)

https://twitter.com/gcfoerster/status/825172176399695873?lang=bg
C3OZsb9WEAAB0xA.jpg

Mizutani said after his 1st round loss to LYJ that he's gotten weaker such that his strike zone is so narrow, but he will bounce back from here on out as he will work with a new private coach starting this August, rumored to be a friend he made when he played in the TTBL years ago.

https://hochi.news/articles/20190719-OHT1T50297.html
https://hochi.news/articles/20190719-OHT1T50217.html

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi