2019 Bulgaria Open (World Tour)

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
I like the female announcer's English introduction. Sounds so exotic.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
New coach did not help. He was much better but stick to the same game plan. Mental issue again. Reminds me how he lost to XX leading 10:6

I don't think its mental. ARUNA played better than him. MIZUTANI could not do better. He had clearly less stamina, and doesn't move as well as he used to, he's much more easily pinned on his BH now and I suspect his eye vision problems are real

mrk

This user has no status.

mrk

This user has no status.
Jul 2017
It's a difficult situation for Japan with Niwa and Mizutani out of form with the next year Olympics coming.

Reactions: ping fun
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I don't think its mental. ARUNA played better than him. MIZUTANI could not do better. He had clearly less stamina, and doesn't move as well as he used to, he's much more easily pinned on his BH now and I suspect his eye vision problems are real
Mizutani has much more options, his serve, received spin variation and even bh is much better then ARUNA. He sticked to the same serve, while his Reverse pendulum is quite effective and he also did not use long serve even once. Also serve placement and first attack placement was terrible.
In case of technique and variation he is much better player, but again for me this Time is a mental problem and coaching.
Anyway his last months defeats against lower ranked players makes me wonder if he goes to olympics.

Jan 2018
Mu Zi referenced a traditional Chinese saying that got dropped.

「大難不死,必有後福」 roughly translates to "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

Female announcer: "Please do not take flash photography. I believe you already know that."

Spectators: Flash! Flash!! Flash!!!

Last edited:
Jan 2018
great match of ARUNA indeed, what a devastating FH ! and he's improved very much in other aspects of the game.

I'm a bit sad for MIZUTANI, he's clearly not the player he used to be.

Jan 2018

Yup. He's spoken in a TV program, sometime after All-Japan Champ 2018 that he first noticed his body declining at 27, so roughly some time after Rio 2016, that the big upset to Harimoto at WTTC 2017 would've happened sooner or later. And as you first reported here, the vision problem that first bothered him in 2014 suddenly turned for the worse in 2018. The glasses are enough proof. Why wear them when they could potentially hinder your performance?

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yup. He's spoken in a TV program, sometime after All-Japan Champ 2018 that he first noticed his body declining at 27, so roughly some time after Rio 2016, that the big upset to Harimoto at WTTC 2017 would've happened sooner or later. And as you first reported here, the vision problem that first bothered him in 2014 suddenly turned for the worse in 2018. The glasses are enough proof. Why wear them when they could potentially hinder your performance?
If the body and eyes were the issue why would he change the coach? I would consider the coach who can motivate me better.

mrk

This user has no status.

mrk

This user has no status.
Jul 2017

If his performance drops even more in the next months I'm not sure if he goes to olympics. Unfortunately Niwa isn't better either at the moment. Even though they could be lucky because no better options are available, other players like Matsudaira or Jin Ueda disappeared. What happened to Oshima, is he injured?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Another big problem for Japan next year is Chinese Taipei. Lin Yun Ju seems to have elevated the Hope's of all the Taiwanese players and I can see them being another contender for gold in all events if LYJ plays sufficiently well. CCA and CCY are not pushovers and are a strong doubles team as well.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
[size=+1]Panagyurishte mountain nook, 560 metres above sea level, thin air dyspnoe, shortness of breath.[/size]
Japanese all were affected by the local atmospheric abnormality.

weather_screenshot_Panagurishte.jpg

Be happy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Another big problem for Japan next year is Chinese Taipei. Lin Yun Ju seems to have elevated the Hope's of all the Taiwanese players and I can see them being another contender for gold in all events if LYJ plays sufficiently well. CCA and CCY are not pushovers and are a strong doubles team as well.
I think there are much more problems. First place is Korea with many great players. I am also not sure if they can beat sweden or Germany in that shape.