2019 Bulgaria Open (World Tour)

This user has no status.
The other day I was thinking about which national team I would rank 2nd, 3rd, 4th strongest etc. for the Olympics.
I find it really difficult. Especially with the importance of doubles.

South Korea, Chinese Taipei, Japan, Germany and to a lesser degree Sweden. Imo, they are all close enough in their overall level that it's difficult to make out a favorite or ranking among them. They have different things going for them.

It feels like a slight up or down in form for most of these nation's athletes during the Olympics could be a game changer for any given match they play against each other.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
The other day I was thinking about which national team I would rank 2nd, 3rd, 4th strongest etc. for the Olympics.
I find it really difficult. Especially with the importance of doubles.

South Korea, Chinese Taipei, Japan, Germany and to a lesser degree Sweden. Imo, they are all close enough in their overall level that it's difficult to make out a favorite or ranking among them. They have different things going for them.

It feels like a slight up or down in form for most of these nation's athletes during the Olympics could be a game changer for any given match they play against each other.

Another interesting aspect is how to line up the players tactically: who will play two singles and who will play doubles?

Especially since many of the top teams/medal contenders face the "problem" that their strongest singles player is also part of their strongest doubles pairing. Boll, Lin Yun-Ju, Falck, Wong Chun-Ting and Ito comes to mind, but probably Harimoto belongs to this category as well.

Reactions: Nemo and zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Ito has also reworked her BH punch. The stroke is more wristy, generating more curve on the ball.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Interesting .. If Ito will reach the final (this is not a fact!) - will there be a rematch with HE?

Chinese trainers are good .....Today Ito has no chance against Xintong, apparently ....

Will this be a watershed moment?

something strange.....

Last edited:
[SIZE=+1]Panagyurishte mountain nook, 560 metres above sea level, thin air dyspnoe, shortness of breath.[/SIZE]
Japanese all were affected by the local atmospheric abnormality.

cache.php

Be happy.

Where did you read that?
And why do think that the air in Panagyurishte is thin?
Do you read correctly the atmospheric pressure?
Dyspnoea may be caused by high temperature and high humidity and Low atmospheric pressure with low levels of oxygen.
And there is nothing of these in Panagyurishte.
The temperature margins are 18 to 30C night/day.
Humidity is 55-65%.

And the most important for dyspnoea, which I think you are reading wrong, the atmospheric pressure, is very normal, maybe a little bit higher for the season - 950-1050 hPa. What you see in the picture is 704 mmhg, which is equal to 943 hPa, which is very-very normal.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
CXT: 2 birds in 1 stone. I got the point and I got your eye.

Jan 2018
Ito showed growth in this match. After game 1, her BH lost the edge. By game 4, she was already stepping around to use her FH as much as possible. If it were not for the unfortunate event, there's a good chance she could've taken game 6.

Jan 2018
Harimoto 7:2, 7:7, 8:8, 11:8 Freitas.

Jan 2018
Son, you gotta finish the point with your Nu FH no matter what. It's now or never.

fTEdnX4.jpg

Reactions: phorkyas and yoass