Blade Butterfly Petr Korbel
      Forehand Rubber BH: Donic Bluefire M3
      Backhand Rubber FH: Donic Bluefire M2

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 232 Times in 105 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by UpSideDownCarl View Post
      Attachment 19599

One time there was a video of me playing a match and someone who watched the video said something like: "what the heck is Carl doing? Is it legal to let your forearm rest on the table like that before you serve?"

I got the idea from a friend who helped me improve. He told me to do it. He said, when I was serving, I was tossing to fast and not taking my time to get ready mentally. When whoever asked the question about whether it was legal to rest your forearm on the table, someone posted this photo of Ma Long doing the same. All I can tell you is, starting from there does a host of things:

1) You darn sure are as low as is legal. To have your forearm there you have to get down low.
      2) By having the forearm on the table and angled back so your hand is behind the end line, you are ensuring that you are not starting your toss below the table or over the back of the table.
      3) By doing this, you ensure there is a position you can pause in to take a moment and focus, to not rush.

Then you don't need the item on the checklist that says: "don't rush the serve." Because you have something physical that gives you the tools to slow down before you serve.

Try it.
      This is a very nice advice. I actually learned it recently, at my new club. I now do something quite similar, same position as the picture, but only resting the thumb over the table. It really works as you described.

Btw, the guy on your profile picture is doing it too

2. Top | #22
      says Krooklyn District Goon Squad
      Commissioner

Equipment Expert
      Super Moderator Country: United States
      Equipment:
      Blade OSP Virtuoso +
      Forehand Rubber BH:Red F-XP
      Backhand Rubber FH:Black M-XP

Reviews
      Read 11 Reviews
      Liked 13,685 Times in 6,525 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by lVegita View Post
      This is a very nice advice. I actually learned it recently, at my new club. I now do something quite similar, same position as the picture, but only resting the thumb over the table. It really works as you described.

Btw, the guy on your profile picture is doing it too
      The guy on my profile pic is Michael Maze. And yes, it is a good place to start your serve.
      Spin Everything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12