Korea Table Tennis Gym Elite League Weekly Final

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
She knows how to stay in rally and knows how to get an attacking guy to mis-read depth, timing, and spin enough to make too many macho man errors on attack.

She doesn't LOOK like she is doing much to the average viewer, but she is really getting advantage without heroics. Her level is way higher than it looks to a casual viewer. You gotta pick your shots and attack mostly with slow heavy spin to win her... but some of those balls that look easy to spin up you suddenly mis-time. Koreans like to fast drive, that plays into her strengths blocking and disrupting.

This user has no status.
She knows how to stay in rally and knows how to get an attacking guy to mis-read depth, timing, and spin enough to make too many macho man errors on attack.

She doesn't LOOK like she is doing much to the average viewer, but she is really getting advantage without heroics. Her level is way higher than it looks to a casual viewer. You gotta pick your shots and attack mostly with slow heavy spin to win her... but some of those balls that look easy to spin up you suddenly mis-time. Koreans like to fast drive, that plays into her strengths blocking and disrupting.

Love the insight and what are they both playing with?

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
She gives you balls that make you wanna go back to Captain CAVEMAN primal urges to fast attack power the crap outta those balls... but she is ready to block and has the touch to do that on power drives, and also has the stroke to counter those.

Nearly every time you use a slow, heavy spin vs her, the point is over immediately, like 80% of the time, and even the 20% she lands the block it is a high ball - those juicy low hanging fruits.

Yet time and time again the Mongolian macho man tried to over power her... he nearly paid the price for that. All the other macho man Korean dudes who faced her paid the price and were a spectator... or a just a dude waiting for the next subway train.

They both got BTY Tenegy rubbers for making the finals.

In such an event, you usually pay around $10 USD, get in a round robin group, and play handicap matches the whole way. I think this event was for the more elite amateur players. They have a similar thing for general players, both in the TT club, and when I was there, Daum LLC had meetup team round robins that worked in a similar fashion, but you show up, the Div 1 players would be team captains, then through a lottery, they pick the rest of Div 1, then Div 2, Div 3, ec... to form teams, then you had team vs team play in RR and knockout stages.

It was a pretty fun deal for $10 and many of the players went to a restaurant afterwards. For me, since I had to take a train back north, I would have to exit the dinner after only 30 minutes or I would miss the last train north outta Seoul. Sucks to live north back then.