Groin pain what to do or can a kompressions tights help???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Some times when im looping i feel like a needle in my right groin. But not so often yet.
I heard that a pair of kompressions tights can help the problem.
Is it right or what to do with it.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yogi makes a good point. Hopefully it is not some sort of injury which could include a hernia.

But is there any way you can post footage of you taking a few FH loops? If it is something mechanical that is causing the problem we may be able to see it.

Every done any exercises to stretch the inner thighs?

Stuff like this:

IMG_1255.jpg

IMG_1260.jpg

yinjoga.jpg

If it is just tightness, stretches like these, but not trying to go too deep in them, making them gentle, could help if it is from tightness in the pelvic structure.

But that kind of sharp pain like being stuck with a needle also sometimes happens when the person has nerve impingement in the lumbar spine.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Maybe yes i dont know, but i know when i feel like a needle some times it really hurts
Was it always like this?
Or did you spent some time without training and then started playing a lot?

I had something like that on my right knee when I started playing. I could not put the weight on it because it would hurt as you described.

Then I went to the orthopedist and he asked for a MRI. The pain ended before the MRI results, but the results showed it was a beginning of an inflammation. It happened because I started to overload my knee out of nowhere.

You can find some nice tips here, as the ones from Carl, but if it is really hurting, you should go to the Ortho.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Ive had 6 operations for diskus on my bag. Im using a belt with some stabilce on the back every time i play table tennis

This user has no status.
If you are overweight and recently put on the pounds the thighs can "expand" to squeeze the nethers something mean like make you cry like someone punched you down there.

Wear boxers with a pocket for the junk and wear bball knee length shorts or just plain loose tracks... avoid nylon synthetic if they are on the non-stretchy rigid type... compression wear might make it worse and not leave a space to breathe.....

Also do more horse stance and more bouncy on the toes and forefeet less on the arches and backheel...

Hope this helps somewhat. I am not a medical anything [emoji38]

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Ive had 6 operations for diskus on my bag. Im using a belt with some stabilce on the back every time i play table tennis

This is why I added the info on the back. It is very possible that this is related to referred pain from the lower back. What you say above makes it seem more likely. Knees are a different animal than groin. If you are getting a sharp pain, that sounds like nerve pain, that sounds like nerve impingement, not like what IVegita described in his post about the knees. What he described sounded like it could be patellar tracking or ligaments not used to holding the weight.

What you are describing could be from tightness in the area. But that is actually less likely than it being from nerve impingement. It is possible that the twisting action is causing impingement. Many of the nerves in the lumbar spin pass through the pelvic structure at two key areas.

Sciatica-Symptoms-and-Diagnosis-722x406.jpg

The large nerve depicted in the photo is the sciatic nerve. That one is not of so much interest to us. The smaller nerves that are shown passing through the outlet formed by the pubic bones (called the obturator foramen). Those, impinged during the rotational motion of a FH loop could cause that pain you are feeling.

I would play around with trying to loop with legs and turn of hips, but not not twisting in the lumbar spin. If your hips turn, your torso will also turn. But if your hips turn and your lumbar spin twists, your chest will turn more than your hips. Try and have your chest and hips turn together and not to turn chest more than hips. If that causes that pain to stop, you will have your answer.

Can you post footage of you looping. It is also possible you are putting more effort than is useful into your loops. Not sure without seeing though.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Sharp pain is the body's way of saying Stop! I suggest you listen to your body.