andro Hexer Grip and Powergrip SFX Rubber Review

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey guys! Here's our latest full and comprehensive review of the new Hexer Grip and Powergrip SFX rubbers! This series has 4 rubbers that all vary in sponge hardness.

I'm joined by Tom in the TableTennisDaily Studio where we give the rubbers a full in depth analysis on how it performs. We see how the rubbers hold up in the rally, service and receive, spin production, speed and lots more!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
I dunno if this is true with everyone but through the years, i have observed that matted rubber colors compared to the brighter ones last shorter. Maybe this is in its generation.

The salt of your sweat have better chance to penetrate the matted type of rubber
Japanese brighter type of topsheet is very durable Imo

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Didn't find an answer in the reivew.
What is the speed comparison among these 4 hexer rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Hey guys, I'm trying to decide whether to buy the grip or the powergrip. Can you help me out?

I'm currently playing with a hurricane 3 neo on my forehand and I love it... When I'm in a position for a full effort loop. However, my footwork is not that good so that doesn't happen all the time and when it doesn't the hurricane punishes my low effort shots and I end up losing to myself because of lots of unforced errors.

In come the hexers. I read they have a lot of control while not sacrificing spin, which immediately got my attention, but I can't try them out (no one at my club has them) so it has to be a blind purchase.

I like to play with a lot of topspin and what e want is to be able to transition from low effort shots to high effort shots without losing control.

Which of the 2 would you guys recommend in that case? Do you guys think the Powergrip is easy enough to use in low effort situations or should I go for the Grip and work harder on high effort shots to get a quality close to pg's?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I'm currently playing with a hurricane 3 neo on my forehand and I love it...

Coming from a Hurricane, you´d probably find the Grip way too soft and the SFX versions anyway.

You could give PowerGrip a try if you want an easy to play, yet still powerful rubber. Catapult will be much more compared to the Hurricane, but that can help bring a ball over the net.
You may miss a bit of spin, but it´s not that the PowerGrip fails in that category, it´s just that the Hurricanes enable so much of it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
My impressions of Grip vs Fastarc (C-1 and G-1) after a few days of testing:
Grip appears to envelope the ball and this effect contributes to the stability of ball trajectory;
Fastarcs grip differently without enveloping;
All rubbers have comparable speed;
Fastarcs generate better spin on serve in my hands.

In other words, Grip may not be super-grippy but it does capture the ball differently from some other rubbers, and not just Fastarcs. The feeling that Grip creates is very interesting and, if I may say, pleasant.