Czech Open 2019 (World Tour)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
This is an area that I think HH is better at. Mima Ito has a tendency to become frustrated and her shoulders slouch when her ultra aggressive shots are not falling in. Generally, the Japanese women are known for their positiveness and regain that confidence when things aren't going their way. I hope she can solve this problem soon.
When you don't spin the ball, you don't have a plan B when you lose control.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
JNT Player Stats 2019
Ito - serve-n-attack, the shorter the point, the higher the threat/risk
Hirano - reckless speedy exchanges, took everyone by surprise, too fast for her own good
Hayata - best of both worlds, powerful rallies and agile footwork a big plus
Ishikawa - jack of all trades, master of none, AKA "Please Retire"

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
I was lucky enough to see Zhao Zihao play Ma Te, I tell you, Ma Te beat Zhao even in the FH-FH encounters!
I couldnt get my cam there, but Zhao recorded it..
I asked him after the match for the video, he said he doesnt want to share :D
Unlike Paul Drinkhall who after the nailbiting match with Shibaev said he is willing to share what he got, because his cam died during the match..
I got my picture with Samsonov, he is such a class, very nice guy :)
I also got Akkuzu recorded, too bad he lost the last game..

Thank you for your videos in general! It's happened more than once that I found some upset from an obscure player who I then looked up, and you were the only one with solid uploads for them. Good camera angles, too. Keep them coming if you can, I can't be the only one who has been silently (I don't interact on YouTube) grateful .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
JNT Player Stats 2019
Ito - serve-n-attack, the shorter the point, the higher the threat/risk
Hirano - reckless speedy exchanges, took everyone by surprise, too fast for her own good
Hayata - best of both worlds, powerful rallies and agile footwork a big plus
Ishikawa - jack of all trades, master of none, AKA "Please Retire"

Stop hating... your PhD is too high level.

If you want to win, win don't lose. That is the bottom line.

Jan 2018
I think LGL is just saying this so XX can bring his best in it and to secure the Xd bag, As mentally it'll influence the performance in the team and singles, if they lose the mixed it'll be all gloomy in the camp. I think that the World Champs was the last chance for XX, irrespective of how many tour events he wins before Tokyo's onset, I think he's just strengthening his position as the 3rd player, ML and FZD will play singles

For those who have missed the interview, the clip below is only a part of several. There is another one where LGL explicitly said ML and FZD could cover for each other in the WTTC, that if one of them gets eliminated, could the other step up and secure the championship title. He didn't mention XX at all.

It's made very explicit XX will only play in team and XD, at best.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
For those who have missed the interview, the clip below is only a part of several. There is another one where LGL explicitly said ML and FZD could cover for each other in the WTTC, that if one of them gets eliminated, could the other step up and secure the championship title. He didn't mention XX at all.

This was before the latest FZD rut.

Jan 2018
Stop hating... your PhD is too high level.

If you want to win, win don't lose. That is the bottom line.

You'll arrive at a similar conclusion if you were to witness how much agony these kids are being put through in the various NHK documentaries by this splendid selection process that promotes bad blood, so to speak.

Jan 2018
This was before the latest FZD rut.

The bottom line is that FZD lost to a team member and XX lost to a foreigner. This is a Chinese thing.

Jan 2018
This is very true. But FZD has started losing to foreigners like flies.

Losing in majors is entirely different. ZJK was losing to foreigners left and right before Rio and guess what?

For China, the 2 teammates won't meet until the final, and that means both of them have to defend their own half. That's the mission. The WTTC is an exam. You don't pass? You're out.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Losing in majors is entirely different. ZJK was losing to foreigners left and right before Rio and guess what?

For China, the 2 teammates won't meet until the final, and that means both of them have to defend their own half. That's the mission. The WTTC is an exam. You don't pass? You're out.

Fine fine I get it, XX has no hiding place. But no one thought he could even reverse the downslide.

Jan 2018
And no one expected XX would be the one to lose in the team final.

LGL was heavily criticized by the general public for choosing ZJK over XX when the latter was obviously in better form, until the team final. I mean those people were quick to forget that and "embrace" LGL's wisdom. It was hysterical.

Jan 2018
Same deal for ZYL. Many in China believe she's out of the race for Tokyo 2020.

Even she was dead sure she'd be selected for WTTC Budapest and freaked out, because she deleted all entries on her Weibo once the lineup was announced and her only event was WD. Olympic events 101: singles, team and mixed doubles.

I know it sounds so sad and mad. But hey, ML went 56 matches undefeated after WTTC 2011. Still had to settle with the team event for London 2012. XX is fortunate there's the new XD event.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016

It is not, you are missing the last part of the video. All he says he's that he has been using this talk to ease the pressure off Xu Xin's shoulders, and that focusing on doubles should actually help him in singles. At which point, what I understand he is saying is, let things run their course and we'll see.

I agree Ma Long and Fan Zhendong are favourites, but I don't get the same conclusions as you do from the video. Even the comparison with Liu Shiwen shows he is talking about the mental aspect.

Jan 2018
It is not, you are missing the last part of the video. All he says he's that he has been using this talk to ease the pressure off Xu Xin's shoulders, and that focusing on doubles should actually help him in singles. At which point, what I understand he is saying is, let things run their course and we'll see.

I agree Ma Long and Fan Zhendong are favourites, but I don't get the same conclusions as you do from the video. Even the comparison with Liu Shiwen shows he is talking about the mental aspect of things.

How could I miss it when I translated the context as well? Check out the part starting at 00:40. He's definitely referring to the Olympics there and not the WTTC. The crucial question here is why go through all this trouble to offload pressure for him? All because there's a slight doubt in the back of LGL's head that XX could lose.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
What happen d to XX at wttc? He played so bad compared now. He had an easy draw and failed to Gauzy, not Best player in his half

Gauzy really was on form and played a blinder. He had the public on his side too, even if everybody would agree that nine times out of ten, Xu Xin should take it.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
How could I miss it when I translated the context as well? Check out the part starting at 00:40. He's definitely referring to the Olympics there and not the WTTC. The crucial question here is why go through all this trouble to offload pressure for him? All because there's a slight doubt in the back of LGL's head that XX could lose.

Ok, if you will. Thanks for the video, in the first place.

I really love the other two but man, if XX could get a shot as repayment for good services - FZD will still have the next, although yes I am torn when I say that. Also in the same way I really wish the best for Ma Long, you never know if he could fall back into injury. As a coach, I don't think you ever tell any player "you're off" a year in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: zeio