Czech Open 2019 (World Tour)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Qiu Jianxin told Ishikawa to spin it up on the BH instead of fast loop. That there's not much He could do about it. Most of all, keep her cool.

A quick technical question – why is asking Ishikawa to create skinny BH shots against HZJ an effective strategy? Wouldn't that allow HZJ's long pips BH to take advantage of the spin too?

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
A quick technical question – why is asking Ishikawa to create skinny BH shots against HZJ an effective strategy? Wouldn't that allow HZJ's long pips BH to take advantage of the spin too?

Basically, pips, whether short, long, or raw, fear strong spin. These styles feed off on pace and excel in disruption. Therefore, inverted players want to avoid that by spinning the heck out of the ball.

That's the reason China has ditched these styles over the years, because double inverted has the "broadest window." It can handle everything.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Basically, pips, whether short, long, or raw, fear strong spin. These styles feed off on pace and excel in disruption. Therefore, inverted players want to avoid that by spinning the heck out of the ball.

That's the reason China has ditched these styles over the years, because double inverted has the "broadest window." It can handle everything.

I see. I always had the impression that long pips feed off spin and would benefit from heavy rotation.

Jan 2018
I see. I always had the impression that long pips feed off spin and would benefit from heavy rotation.

They do to an extent. They have something like a range, a certain threshold before they lose control. That's why they're so effective at the amateur level because most inverted players can't cross the threshold.

Jan 2018
jPaTqSV.jpg

IlWggKg.jpg

30icKje.jpg

TPbdI94.jpg

http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2019-04-23/doc-ihvhiewr7733052.shtml
  她的杀手锏也因为被对手研究透彻而不再有优势,对此平野美宇很是明白:“以前只要快就能赢,现在大家都在打这样的球。如果说这是最尖端的话,不是那样的。我希望自己能更加成长,永远站在最前端。”
Her killer shot is no longer effective after being thoroughly studied. On this, Hirano knows it well: "In the past, I could win just by playing fast. Now everyone is playing like this. If you say this is the most advanced, then that's certainly not the case. I hope that I can grow stronger and stand at the forefront forever."

Took her 2 years to get it.

http://www.mytabletennis.net/Forum/...80&title=2017-austrian-open-09-1909-24#996380
She plays better this way against China. The style from ATTC doesn't work anymore. Not just China. Other players are getting the hang of it as well. This is a necessary change.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
They do to an extent. They have something like a range, a certain threshold before they lose control. That's why they're so effective at the amateur level because most inverted players can't cross the threshold.

This. That is why most people who use pips have to step back to chop and why close to the table players want frictionless pips. The strategy is always to make the ball slip.off the pips. For someone like He, it gets worse because doe doesn't really add spin, she mostly tries to kill it. The thing is that with Chinese rubber, adding spin and looping harder tend to be similar things. With European rubber, not always. That is why the advice was key on the backhand.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
You can watch it on sportdeutschland.tv

And even with a slightly better resoution than the official ITTV stream (960x540) to sportdeutschald.tv (1280x720)!

Wow thank you.

Because there's no registration/authentication necessary, I can copy the stream link into VLC media player and don't have to use the website/flash stuff, very nice!

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Not sure this is true for sp, although far be it from me to question zeio. It seems that if you can't handle a given spin level with short pips, you have zero chance if handling it with tenergy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Tomorrow's SF match between Hirano and Ishikawa will have huge Olympic implications. They are only separated by 5 points in the World Rankings Points for January 2020 right now. (Hirano has 9590 points while Ishikawa has 9585). The winner will obviously gain the lead in the race for one of those 2 singles spots, but the benefit of winning the match has huge rest-of-the-year benefits.

For Ishikawa, a win allows her to overtake Hirano for the 2nd Olympic singles spot and allows her to maintain her current status as Japanese No. 1 based on WR.

For Hirano, a win not only gives her more breathing room with regard to her lead over Ishikawa, but also sets her up for a Top 4 seeding in the World Cup. This would effectively negate Ishikawa's advantage of meeting a Chinese opponent one round later than Hirano had Hirano still been seeded 5th. Furthermore, if Hirano can win the whole tournament, she will break into the top 8 in current WR while Ishikawa drops to 9th. This would mean that for the Swedish and German Opens, Hirano won't meet a top Chinese player till the QF, while Ishikawa will likely meet one in the R16. Hirano's seeding as compared to Ito's and Ishikawa's seedings has been one of her biggest obstacles in her race towards an Olympic Singles spot, but this one win would remedy that problem for the rest of the year.

I commend both players for stepping up when the situation called for it: Ishikawa for getting her revenge on He Zhuojia and Hirano for coming back from down 0-3 to save her Olympic hopes. I hope to see the same or an even greater fighting spirit from both players tomorrow.