Czech Open 2019 (World Tour)

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/foru...to-beat-the-best-player-in-the-big-one#828044
XX: (I) want to beat the best player in big events. It's either singles or nothing for Rio.

"You feel you've got a shot for Tokyo 2020?"

"I think I can make it."

"Then you've got another think coming. How're you going to compete with the ever-maturing FZD, given how old you will be?

The dialogue with Wu Jingping was a wake-up call to XX. Originally, XX's objective was to secure a spot in the team event for Rio 2016 and then compete for singles. Now, his sights are set on singles only.

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/foru...emed-coach-why-put-me-in-charge-of-him#826635
To XX, in case he is not able to attend the singles event of Rio 2016, that will be such a huge talent waste and perhaps a dream that will really remain a dream. For him to make it, there will only be less than a year of time from now till the WTTC comes next May. If he could not make a breakthrough, that will be very difficult then.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
For the Western public a Swede in the WTTC finals was big. Even if by accident it gave some hope there could be some cracks in the Chinese powerhouse (though they may still not be opened in Tokyo). It's how others could be interested in TT though maybe not the way the Chinese intended.

Anyway- back to topic. Timo keeping it alive. It's really his mental game that let's him still be part of top ten or close.

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Danny21312
Jan 2018
Ishikawa vs He Zhuojia
10:5, 11:9...

Ike ike, Ishikawa!

Qiu Jianxin told Ishikawa to spin it up on the BH instead of fast loop. That there's not much He could do about it. Most of all, keep her cool.

After G2, He Zhuojia said she couldn't get her game going and get hold of the optimal point of impact.

After G3, Qiu told Ishikawa to fend it off on the BH and reminded her to keep spinning it.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
9gI61h9.jpg

24EyS9C.jpg

RRME3ri.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
If they survive to these rounds, there are many decent players in preliminaries.

Poor Ishikawa .. Again she play with HE ....:(
And Ito can meet with Xintong already in the second round ....:(

Very true. It's a mine field of Chinese + HH.

If these two meet, I'm convinced Ishikawa can win this. Her tactics were not great in Bulgaria. Eliminate the BH-BH parallel exchanges. It favors HZJ because she's very good with her pips at suddenly forcing a very wide angle. Short hops she has no problems, but HZJ does not move well to wider angles so exploit her lateral movement.

I knew she could it! She did an excellent job testing her lateral movement closing out game 1 doing exactly that. She has a superior forehand and serves. She deserves this win. So happy for Kasumi!