Czech Open 2019 (World Tour)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
One of the better Japanese players at the moment loses to not even the best junior player in China. Tells you how far behind Japan still is compared to China

I think Xiang Peng is the current top junior talent in China adjusted for age. Maybe the other candidate is Liu Yebo. And there were other factors.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
I think Xiang Peng is the current top junior talent in China adjusted for age. Maybe the other candidate is Liu Yebo. And there were other factors.

Agreed although I think Niu Guankai is still better than Liu Yebo and someone a lot of people sleep on right now. I think, out of all Chinese junior players Xiang Peng is most likely to reach the Chinese A-Team post-Olympics. He is very good for his age and also considering how few experience he has compared with top junior players of other associations.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Yes I concur, XYB is not bad too and YHY is quite inconsistent but the problem I see with them is that it seems to me like they're still being trained like the old school style - strong and dominating forehands, a lot of brute force in their approach to play, passive backhands, the only kid I've seen with a decent attacking backhand was Zeng Beixun at the World Cadet Challenge, He's the same age as XP and pretty strong, Problem is when they face opponent in the prelims, most of their opponents will just focus on backhand exchanges and the kids can't overpower them here so things go awry, I'm not suggesting a change in orientation, and I guess when they become core players every technique will be practised to be top notch level in training, but it's easy to see why the kids are struggling

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Nina Mittelham with the yellow card had 3:1 lead and 6:4 over Liu Wei Shan, but currently its 3:2, Liu took the game 11:7..
Now Nina leads 2:0 .. 3:1 with the serve.. 3:3 .. 5:3, 4 points in a row against the serve..
6:3 ... 6:7 .. Liu signals Nina hit the shirt with the ball during serving, raises her hand, but noone else saw it, point goes to Nina, 7:7..
That helped Nina and she gains the lead again, 8:7, 9:7 .. 10:7.. matchpoints..
10:9 .. Liu doesnt want to lose .. 10:10!
10:11, gamepoint Liu!
11:11 Nina saves it against the serve..
11:12, Nina got the ball she wanted, but her FH flies too long.. .. twice, make it 11:13 .. so 3 games all ..
and I am off to take camera for Moregardh match ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: akoozab and zeio
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
That is very unfortunate as it is likely a major ligament.
Not sure if you heard anything after the match. On the video it just looks like an ankle sprain. That's where they put the ice. He also got up and limped around for a moment before deciding not to continue. If they suspected a significant knee injury he wouldn't have done that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Not sure if you heard anything after the match. On the video it just looks like an ankle sprain. That's where they put the ice. He also got up and limped around for a moment before deciding not to continue. If they suspected a significant knee injury he wouldn't have done that.

Ah okay. I was going off the knee injury description. Knees are not trivially injured unless there is significant trauma.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
All these Chinese youngsters are falling like ninepins. I see only three talented players among the relatively ordinary bunch of chinese new comers - Sun Wen, Zhao Qihao and WCQ. Yes, some of these guys are still in junior team but none the less there is nothing striking about them barring the above three.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
R-32 Ito - Hayata !

I think Hayata will take this. Also, CXT falling to WY is very possible with her poor record against choppers. Perhaps two of the serious contenders for gold will be wiped out in the first round :D

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
When I saw the draw, I was scared shitless. Hayata is in deep shit. She has a shitload of bad luck. Shit hit the fan when Hayata drew Ito. I thought ITTF did it for shits and giggles. I shit you not! Now I feel like shit! Hayata must be shitting bricks now. ITTF and JNT are always shitting on Hayata. If Hayata loses, she'll be up shit creek.

Anyway, I'm looking foward to Harimoto playing Pletea. The last time they played at the Youth Olympics was intense. Also, Harimoto and Lin Yun-Ju could meet in the QF.

Last edited:
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
When I saw the draw, I was scared shitless.

Well, you certainly seem to know your shit, I shit you not.

Distinctive cultures have different focal points for expletion. Often its genital, but anglisaxon tradition is somewhat anal in orientation.

(Yes, my alias is partially rooted in this pars pro toto.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ioiettino and zeio
Jan 2018

Liu Yebo - age+3.

Jan 2018
MT/WY on the ropes. See? Mikhailova is no chopper.

G4, 6:2, 7:4, 7:6, TO for Shibaev/Mikhailova, 7:7. Mikhailova turned to mid-distance pushing and things went seriously wrong, 7:11.

0:6, 3:7, 3:8, Shibaev lost it, another yellow card, 3:9, 4:9, 4:11.

Last edited: