Joola Golden Tango PS on backhand

Hi Yogi_bear

I have tried MX-S before and liked its spin a lot. Problem is I had to really start early and hit early due to its hardness. EL-S is good for most things. How is FX-S like do you know?

Since it is so soft (on paper), it wouldnt be a good rubber for forehnad right?
Nahh fxs lacks spin in the forehand compared to els or elp.

What would you recommend if I find ELS a little too tiring to use? I had it on (forehand side) CLipper CR previously. Liked it for the most part, just want sometinhg that slightly grippier, and easier to do powerful forehand.

So probably you will need a more bouncy rubbdr, Stiga DNA Pro M, Omega 7 Europe, Rhyzer 45, Gewo Nexxus EL 43 is actyally better than FXP in terms of spin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
So probably you will need a more bouncy rubbdr, Stiga DNA Pro M, Omega 7 Europe, Rhyzer 45, Gewo Nexxus EL 43 is actyally better than FXP in terms of spin.
Thanks Yogi_bear! I have looked up these rubbers and it seems like Rhyzer 45 has a similar hardness compare to EL-S. Are you able to compare them both for me please?:D does it have a higher than average throw angle like EL-S, and how is its control?
I am excited, have never used Joola rubbers before.
Many thanks.

Thanks Yogi_bear! I have looked up these rubbers and it seems like Rhyzer 45 has a similar hardness compare to EL-S. Are you able to compare them both for me please?:D does it have a higher than average throw angle like EL-S, and how is its control?
I am excited, have never used Joola rubbers before.
Many thanks.

The Rhyzer 45 felt a bit more bouncy but the EL-S seem to have more spin on loops.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Nahh fxs lacks spin in the forehand compared to els or elp.

BAHAWAHWAHWAHWA0FRIGGIN-HAHA. (OK, MAYBE on a 40-50% power shot with much direct impact to ball EL-P is spinnier)

When I use FX-S on my FH it is an absolut SPIN MONSTER even more than EL-P and on openers more than MX-P. On bigger swings difference is even more stark for spin in favor of FX-S. Quality of my counter topspin under pressure, quality of my forstslow heavy topspin (is insane), and quality and landing percentage (with extreme spin) is clearly better for my stroke for most blades (except the last two Nate made for me) (I can use mid-firm rubbers there).

This is very similar to saying T05FX is less spinny than T05. I make more spin with 05FX than T05 on big swings on most blades except the rocket blades (which I refuse to use).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
BAHAWAHWAHWAHWA0FRIGGIN-HAHA. (OK, MAYBE on a 40-50% power shot with much direct impact to ball EL-P is spinnier)

When I use FX-S on my FH it is an absolut SPIN MONSTER even more than EL-P and on openers more than MX-P. On bigger swings difference is even more stark for spin in favor of FX-S. Quality of my counter topspin under pressure, quality of my forstslow heavy topspin (is insane), and quality and landing percentage (with extreme spin) is clearly better for my stroke for most blades (except the last two Nate made for me) (I can use mid-firm rubbers there).

This is very similar to saying T05FX is less spinny than T05. I make more spin with 05FX than T05 on big swings on most blades except the rocket blades (which I refuse to use).
Interesting, I guess the player's technique may have to do with it too? but i am no expert at all.
its really good to see you have found the rubber that works so well for you though, a lot of people would envy that, myself included:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
What you should mention as well is the throw of your Rosewood blade. There are rubbers with very prominent high arc when looping, and there are those with a long and low trajectory, and, of course, the throw of your blade has its effects on it, too. But using low throw rubbers on a low throw blade does not sound like a good idea - for instance, attempts to lift opponent's backspin can turn into a nightmare.
You mean H3 may not a good fit for my rosewood in backhand? I am using it currently and having trouble in rallies.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Thanks, I am quite ok now with Fastarc G-1, while considering a softer C-1 so I can attack serves and blocks close to the table with higher consistency. But, regarding FX-S - how durable is the rubber ?

Hi,

FXS seems to have average durability, some people have told me that the various Tibhar Evo (MXP,MXS FXS etc) range of rubbers have limited durability. There’s also people that prefer the rubbers when they are older.

The factory tuning / boosting wears off. But I think this could be said of many ESN rubbers.
There seems to be many people boosting ESN rubbers themselves, so it’s possible that the life span could be extended by boosting after a while.
I don’t have any experience of boosting ESN / spring sponge rubbers, and very limited experience of boosting Chinese style rubbers.
I’m sure there are a few members that can comment on boosting ESN sponge / top sheet combos.

Another fella said that the Tibhar Aurus range is far more durable and lasts very well. This range may be overlooked because of its big brother!!!!