Joola Golden Tango PS on backhand

Hi, I am trying to use GT PS on my backhand. I like its short game capabilities and blocks, but the sponge might be a bit too hard for me, also the high throw.

I was wondering if you, more experienced folks, could compare it to some other, similar rubbers, and also to the ones like Nittaku Fastarc G-1, Stiga Mantra series..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Can someone perhaps advise.me a.good backhand rubber, from the harder ones, or hard but with a soft topsheet? Somethinf that is good in short game
Hurricane provincial 37 degree hardness full stop.

Don't buy H3-50 because DHS has made the newer batches far less tacky = poor short game.

Sent from my PAR-LX9 using Tapatalk

Hurricane provincial 37 degree hardness full stop.

Don't buy H3-50 because DHS has made the newer batches far less tacky = poor short game.

Hi, but Hurricane has a pretty hard topsheet, isn't it? I struggle with hard tacky rubbers that come with a hard topsheet. It was also a case of Joola Tango PS. It might also be because of my blade (Joola Rossi Emotion), as its higher gears are a big step between the lower ones. Anyways, I struggle with consistency when spinning the ball. Stiga Genesis II M, while very tacky, comes with a soft topsheet, and it really worked for me, unfortunately, it was too slow, and a booster softened the sponge to an unbearable level :/

Tibhar mxs is good. Also, xiom omega 7 pro and mantra h. All can actually do dropshots and flicks really well.

Hi,

somehow, I couldn't tame MX-S on BH when I tried it some time ago. Never tried omega 7, did try mantra h on a borrowed Viscaria once. It felt good, especially further away from the table, but I would have to try it myself, on my blade.

However, for now, I have a spare Fastarc G-1 for my BH, instead of Golden Tango PS. Do you think I should still go for omega 7 or mantra H, as they are better, or G-1 can also give me what I need?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Hi, but Hurricane has a pretty hard topsheet, isn't it? I struggle with hard tacky rubbers that come with a hard topsheet. It was also a case of Joola Tango PS. It might also be because of my blade (Joola Rossi Emotion), as its higher gears are a big step between the lower ones. Anyways, I struggle with consistency when spinning the ball. Stiga Genesis II M, while very tacky, comes with a soft topsheet, and it really worked for me, unfortunately, it was too slow, and a booster softened the sponge to an unbearable level :/
Hurricane rubbers have very high consistency. Spinning the ball becomes more consistent when the ball doesn't sink into the sponge too much - i.e. harder topsheet would be more linear than aofter top sheet.

But the downside is that hurricane is slower on hitting despite boosting.

Well, Omega 7 pro is spinnier but is way more bouncy than mantra. Mantra h is less sensitive to spin but packs a lot of power too.

Hi,

somehow, I couldn't tame MX-S on BH when I tried it some time ago. Never tried omega 7, did try mantra h on a borrowed Viscaria once. It felt good, especially further away from the table, but I would have to try it myself, on my blade.

However, for now, I have a spare Fastarc G-1 for my BH, instead of Golden Tango PS. Do you think I should still go for omega 7 or mantra H, as they are better, or G-1 can also give me what I need?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Tibhar MX S is good backhand rubber for Rosewood VII also?

Should be fine, but keep in mind might be hard to adapt for you. In the other thread you said you are using Mantra S, but lacking power. I think that using either MX-S or Rakza Z will require more effort from you. Those hard sponges can produce higher speed and spin, but also require more effort to "activate" the sponge :| . I found Gewo EL Pro 48 and Tenergy easy enough to control and having decent catapult. Vega X is good too but requires more active play. I heard that Andro Hexer is real good fun too. I've used Vega on Xiom Omega Tour (Rosewood top) and it was good.

Reactions: Nazmul Haque
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Should be fine, but keep in mind might be hard to adapt for you. In the other thread you said you are using Mantra S, but lacking power. I think that using either MX-S or Rakza Z will require more effort from you. Those hard sponges can produce higher speed and spin, but also require more effort to "activate" the sponge :| . I found Gewo EL Pro 48 and Tenergy easy enough to control and having decent catapult. Vega X is good too but requires more active play. I heard that Andro Hexer is real good fun too. I've used Vega on Xiom Omega Tour (Rosewood top) and it was good.

Kuba, thanks for the advise. I am expecting clear suggestion to choose forehand and backhand rubber for my rosewood vii.would you plz help?

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi,

You could try FXS on backhand if you found the MXS to lively, downside is it’s softer and not as fast, but good spin and feel. Not a ‘hard’ rubber though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Kuba, thanks for the advise. I am expecting clear suggestion to choose forehand and backhand rubber for my rosewood vii.would you plz help?

I can not recommend anything specific. My favorite so far is Vega China/Jupiter 2 for FH, Tenergy 05/GewoELPro48 BH, but it does not mean its be all, end all solution to all the problems. I think if we can see you play it might be easier. If you don't want to share your feed, that is ok. Pretty universal setup would be 2* Rakza 7, ElP BH MXP FH, 2* Tenergy, 2* Yinhe Moon. If you want great value for money, then El Pro is outstanding, just don't go over 50 and over 2.1 mm sponge (maybe 43 BH and 48FH).

Last edited:
You could try FXS on backhand if you found the MXS to lively, downside is it’s softer and not as fast, but good spin and feel. Not a ‘hard’ rubber though.

Thanks, I am quite ok now with Fastarc G-1, while considering a softer C-1 so I can attack serves and blocks close to the table with higher consistency. But, regarding FX-S - how durable is the rubber ?

What you should mention as well is the throw of your Rosewood blade. There are rubbers with very prominent high arc when looping, and there are those with a long and low trajectory, and, of course, the throw of your blade has its effects on it, too. But using low throw rubbers on a low throw blade does not sound like a good idea - for instance, attempts to lift opponent's backspin can turn into a nightmare.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Tibhar mxs is good. Also, xiom omega 7 pro and mantra h. All can actually do dropshots and flicks really well.
Hi Yogi_bear

I have tried MX-S before and liked its spin a lot. Problem is I had to really start early and hit early due to its hardness. EL-S is good for most things. How is FX-S like do you know?

Since it is so soft (on paper), it wouldnt be a good rubber for forehnad right?