Xiom Rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Hey guys! Shalom! Needed advice on Xiom rubbers. Which Xiom rubber combination would be the best on the xiom AZXi blade i.e FH and BH? I am more of an attacking player. At the moment I am using the Sanwei F3 Pro ALC ply with Dhs 3 Skyline TG and Andro Rassanter 47. Keeping in mind that tenergy rubbers are the best at the moment but expensive.
All you experts, could please help me make a good choice, Thanks in advance!
Shalom!

Sent from my ZUK Z2131 using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Like so many people, you seem to have this backwards. It is not the best rubbers for the blade that you should be worrying about. It is what are the best rubbers for you that you should be considering.

Show us some video footage of you playing and it will be easier to see what rubbers might be good for you.

You are using a chinese rubber in the fh and you want to switch to a xiom rubber? You would have great adjustments to be made. I suggest go with a xiom vega china first in your forehand since it is a tacky rubber but also faster. For the backhand, omega 7 pro 2.0mm

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Like so many people, you seem to have this backwards. It is not the best rubbers for the blade that you should be worrying about. It is what are the best rubbers for you that you should be considering.

Show us some video footage of you playing and it will be easier to see what rubbers might be good for you.
Hey! Carl thanks mate for taking time to write, much appreciated and thanks once again for your expertise! You are absolutely correct on what you say.
The point I am trying to make here is that I will be purchasing the Xiom Azxi blade in a few days time so I was looking for an alternative replacement to the Tenergy 05 and the 80 or 64fx as to which rubbers in the Xiom co will come close to it.
The reason for change of blade(Sanwei F3 pro with the Rassanter 47 and the DHS rubbers) is that for some reason I have damaged my blade, meaning the veneer has come of badly.
What I plan to with these rubbers is that I will be buying the Timo Ball Alc blade too and slapping on the old rubbers and will decide on which of these 2 blade that will suit me
As for now I am very comfortable with my present set up, just that I have to tell myself now and over again that I need to close my racquet a wee bit more for top spin.
Cheers matey! Shalom
Btw I am 46 years old and I have rekindled my love for Table tennis after a gap of 30 years its been two months now and I have adjusted well with an Alc blade and fast rubbers compared to what we used 34 years ago.

If you feel good with the DHS Skyline, your transfer to Xiom Tensors would be easier with Xiom Omega V Asia on the FH. As the AZXi is different composits, you must decide which would be the FH.
If you think that you have no problems with the Euro play style, than you may go directly with Xiom Omega 7 Asia or Pro.
And because the AZXi has different composits sides, I don't know would you really need to use different rubbers for FH/BH. But if yes, you may combine O7Asia with O7Pro, or O7Pro with O7Euro, or, if you think you have a higher level expertise - O7Tour with O7Asia. Or just use any of these, incuding O5Asia, on both sides.

Reactions: Incognito777
No, the skyline and omega v asia have a huge difference in bounciness. It does not help much transitioning to that type of rubber. Vega china is much more logical and practical in his forehand since it is also tacky but a bit faster though still slower than omega v asia.

If you feel good with the DHS Skyline, your transfer to Xiom Tensors would be easier with Xiom Omega V Asia on the FH. As the AZXi is different composits, you must decide which would be the FH.
If you think that you have no problems with the Euro play style, than you may go directly with Xiom Omega 7 Asia or Pro.
And because the AZXi has different composits sides, I don't know would you really need to use different rubbers for FH/BH. But if yes, you may combine O7Asia with O7Pro, or O7Pro with O7Euro, or, if you think you have a higher level expertise - O7Tour with O7Asia. Or just use any of these, incuding O5Asia, on both sides.

No, the skyline and omega v asia have a huge difference in bounciness. It does not help much transitioning to that type of rubber. Vega china is much more logical and practical in his forehand since it is also tacky but a bit faster though still slower than omega v asia.

I would not say NO.

Your approach make sense, but provided that the OP is used to, and the OP wants to keep to max extend the chinese style he/she is used to, but with Xiom rubbers, for some reason.
But what I think is, that for just 2 months of comeback from a really long gap, the OP didn't develope a Real Chinese stroke style, no matter how well he/she feels with Chinese tacky rubbers.
Having in mind the OP age of 46 I would consider the the Omega V Asia as a better option for a player who wants to make a transfer to real Euro style tensor rubbers. The OP indicated very well that he is looking for tensors as cheaper alternatives to Tenergy, especially to T05.
For me it is enough to find the rational thread of the problem and to choose an advice.
Omega V Asia CAN be a fast rubber. But at the same time it has a perfect quality for touch and slow play.
It has the lowest trampoline effect and is the most linear amongst all nontacky Xiom Tensors.
Thats why its my choise for players who want to transfer from Chinese tacky to Euro style rubbers, as well as for players who want to develope mixed Euro-Chinese technique. Omega 7 Asia sounds like a step up, but in fact is a very different rubber, thats why I would not recomend it for that purpose. Its better for the Euro style.

The options for a direct Euro style transitions are explained above too.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What I plan to with these rubbers is that I will be buying the Timo Ball Alc blade too and slapping on the old rubbers and will decide on which of these 2 blade that will suit me

Then why don't you just get the blades and try the old rubbers on both new blades. The comparison of blades will be much easier with the same rubbers. Then when you decide which, after your current rubbers are no longer usable, you get a new set of the same rubbers.

Based on the scenario you describe, all you need is the blades and the rubbers from your old setup.

Am no! When did the Omega V Asia had the lowest bounce effect among Xiom rubbers? The Vega China is slower than O5A and the Vega Pro is also slower.
If the op wants to really use a non tacky rubber, he can use what he wants but on a thinner sponge like 1.9 or 2.0mm.

I would not say NO.

Your approach make sense, but provided that the OP is used to, and the OP wants to keep to max extend the chinese style he/she is used to, but with Xiom rubbers, for some reason.
But what I think is, that for just 2 months of comeback from a really long gap, the OP didn't develope a Real Chinese stroke style, no matter how well he/she feels with Chinese tacky rubbers.
Having in mind the OP age of 46 I would consider the the Omega V Asia as a better option for a player who wants to make a transfer to real Euro style tensor rubbers. The OP indicated very well that he is looking for tensors as cheaper alternatives to Tenergy, especially to T05.
For me it is enough to find the rational thread of the problem and to choose an advice.
Omega V Asia CAN be a fast rubber. But at the same time it has a perfect quality for touch and slow play.
It has the lowest trampoline effect and is the most linear amongst all nontacky Xiom Tensors.
Thats why its my choise for players who want to transfer from Chinese tacky to Euro style rubbers, as well as for players who want to develope mixed Euro-Chinese technique. Omega 7 Asia sounds like a step up, but in fact is a very different rubber, thats why I would not recomend it for that purpose. Its better for the Euro style.

The options for a direct Euro style transitions are explained above too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
I think Omega VII Pro would suit to replace the Rasanter, but I am not sure which rubber to suggest as a replacement for the Chinese forehand rubber, as they are so different from the Tensor rubbers.
Thanks Airoc, I have a lot from reviews and others about the omega VII pro, saying that mate, what's your take on the battlefield 2 any idea or suggestions?? I am trying to gain knowledge here! Cheers mate! [emoji106]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Hi!! Langel! Greeting and Shalom! Thanks for your time and reply. I use the skyline on my backhand and Rassanter 47 on my FH.
Skyline tg 3 is an amazing rubber if used with proper technique.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
You are using a chinese rubber in the fh and you want to switch to a xiom rubber? You would have great adjustments to be made. I suggest go with a xiom vega china first in your forehand since it is a tacky rubber but also faster. For the backhand, omega 7 pro 2.0mm
Hey! Yogi_bear greeting, good to hear from you, coincidentally I was just reading up on your post on blades, that are Made in [emoji1190] before I could post [emoji3]
BH I use the DHS skyline
FH Rassanter 47
Thanks a ton such great insight from all you guys! Amazing I am learning alot

Am no! When did the Omega V Asia had the lowest bounce effect among Xiom rubbers? The Vega China is slower than O5A and the Vega Pro is also slower.
If the op wants to really use a non tacky rubber, he can use what he wants but on a thinner sponge like 1.9 or 2.0mm.

Well, I don't want to argue, and you are not forced to believe me, if you have different feelings.
Since Omega 7 was introduced Xiom included the "Catapult effect" values in the properties description. They finally understood that its a very important information.

https://www.xiom.tt/product/product_detail.php?id=1564&cp=314

You may see that in Omega 7 both Pro and Tour have stronger catapult than Asia. They are designed like that for purpose.
In Omega 5 there is no "catapult" section, but as you are speaking about speed - both Asia and Pro are marked with equal speed tabs. I've played with Omega V Pro, Asia and Tour, still use Asia and Tour, and for me its deffinite that O5Pro and Tour have stronger catapult than Asia and its very well sensible with serves, touches, pushes and weaker shots.
Well, while speed and spin feeling may always vary personally, due to different style and stroke implementation, and may not correspond strictly to the producer statements, the "catapult" is alway as it is intended by the producer.
Something else - the max speed of the rubber is not linked lineary to the catapult. In Xiom rubbers most of the softer tensors have stronger catapult, which for some players is better, but have slower max speed than the harder ones. Tour is different, and its different in different way in O5 and O7, but its another story, its "Tour" for a reason.

Last edited:
Uhmm no again!! Why are you separating the speed and catapult properties of a rubber. That is absurd! Also, are you saying that before Xiom introduced the term catapult in their description, the rubbers do not have a catapult effect?
My only point is that, instead of the O5A as supposed to be his fh rubber at first, he should go with vega china or pro for a lower speed. The tackiness in vega china helps lessen the speed adjustment coming over from the skyline rubber. At least the vega china, has a chinese rubber like feel. Omega v asia is a hard non tacky rubber that has an entirely differret feel with skyline 3.
And please do not even go to the point of arguing about Xiom rubbers you have used. It is pointless putting that in the table with somebody who has used more than you did and tried a lot of combinations to just check the rubber on which and what works or what not.

Also, pro is slower than asia. The 3 have different speeds when max power and sponge compression is applied. It is just that pro is easier hit and spin with but if you talk purely of speed, asia is faster beyond the limit of pro.