Difference between MX-P and Victas V15 Extra?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Hello,

Im currently playing 2 MX-P rubbers with maximum speed but i wanted to explore a bit and see if there are other good
tenergy alternatives and i found this Victas V15 Extra Rubber.

How is the Difference?
im playing alot of spin on the first opening and fast afterwards.

~1900 TTR in germany

Victas is good but the sponge feels more firm. In a way, when you hit harder it would be faster than mxp if you hit the same. Spin probably almost the same when i tested it but when i did thin brushing on victas extra, it was easier to spin.

Reactions: Jabugo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Hello,

Im currently playing 2 MX-P rubbers with maximum speed but i wanted to explore a bit and see if there are other good

How is the Difference?

~1900 TTR in germany
Dude, how did you get that strong? By keeping the EJ virus at bay?

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews

The question is what are you missing, if anything?

There are numerous rubbers "similar" to the MX-P made from the same concept, like the bluefire series.

There are several really interesting rubbers following the new "Rasanter" concept with thinner topsheet, allowing for thicker maximum sponge. For a change, they play quite differently, with the Joola variants for example feeling the softest.

And there is of course the 50 degree version of the MX-P itself, which is not only harder but due to a different sponge (finer/smaller pores) also plays differently.

None of these plays like a tenergy, if you look for something that gets close(r) take a look at Stiga Mantra M.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hello,

How is the Difference?

~1900 TTR in germany

On the tech aspect, the MX-P sponge is extremely porous, much more than Tenergy's which is already quite porous. Victas V-15 Extra is closer to Tenergy in terms of play, although its sponge is less porous and more dense.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Holy crap, 1900 ttr is pretty good. Well done. I'm also curious to know how you reached that level.

i really dont know if its sarcasm or not :eek:

1900 TTR is decent but not more in my opinion.

i just posted it in my topic because some people can atleast approximate the skill level.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
No rest assured, it's not sarcasm. No one at my club has that level and we have 6 teams. I would be happy if I even get to 1600-1700 TTR someday. I guess everything is relative and there are higher leagues for >2000 TTR but those people are like mythical creatures for me. Never seen one in our hall or played against one.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
those people are like mythical creatures for me. Never seen one in our hall or played against one.

You should get out more.*

Then you would also realize that 1900 TTR is indeed very decent and can make for interesting table tennis, but is far away from professional level.

And that is what people with 1900/2000 points normally know very well, too - whereas lesser players tend to look down on even lesser players ;)

*try your Verbandsliga (for non-German members, this is sixth league), one of its teams should in theory be near you and typically position one and two, quite often three and four also will play on that level at least.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
yea its a level where it is starting to get interesting (starting at 1800 imo).

how does the mx-p hard differ from the usual mx-p?

I feel like the evolution is a really good rubber only thing which is a bit a turn off is the durability.

Played mine for 1 1/2 months with 2-3days Training and 1 big tournament and they are totally worn out

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
yea its a level where it is starting to get interesting (starting at 1800 imo).

I agree. It´s a level where it is worth going to see the matches even if none of the players is your friend or club mate. ;)

how does the mx-p hard differ from the usual mx-p?

This is the description given at tt-shop.net - the owner is working closely with Tibhar and has had quite some influence in the development of the whole Evolution series.
Sorry all folks who don´t speak German, I haven´t found an expression for "mehr nach vorne". Literally, it means "more to the front", but whether that is something you would say about playing characteristics I don´t know. psych123 will understand ;)

Bei der MX-P50 HARD Version handelt es sich um das identische Obergummi wie beim bereits gewohnten MX-P (47.5).

Diese Hochleistungsoberfläche konnten die TIBHAR-Profispieler auf Wunsch auch schon immer mit härteren Schwämmen bekommen. Nun hat sich TIBHAR aufgrund der neuen Plastikballgeneration entschieden, diese Version auch in den offiziellen Verkauf zu geben.

Da die TIBHAR-Profis auch die Wahl zwischen fein- und offenporigen Schwämmen haben, gab TIBHAR hier die feinporige Variante für den Verkauf frei, da diese auch nicht mit der Selektion von extra schweren / harten Exemplaren des offenporigen MX-P(47.5) zu bekommen ist, sondern sich durch die unterschiedliche Porigkeit auch nochmal spürbar anders spielt und „mehr nach vorne“ geht.

I feel like the evolution is a really good rubber only thing which is a bit a turn off is the durability.
Played mine for 1 1/2 months with 2-3days Training and 1 big tournament and they are totally worn out

Hmmm ... I take it this wasn´t your first pair? Usually they last longer. We have organised practice at our club twice a week (not just matches, many ball contacts) and I don´t think any of our Evolution players change their rubbers more often than every 3 months. But it surely depends on ball contact and hardness of the strokes how long a rubber will last. Generally, I don´t think any other high performance rubber will last much longer under equal conditions.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
I agree. It´s a level where it is worth going to see the matches even if none of the players is your friend or club mate. ;)

This is the description given at tt-shop.net - the owner is working closely with Tibhar and has had quite some influence in the development of the whole Evolution series.
Sorry all folks who don´t speak German, I haven´t found an expression for "mehr nach vorne". Literally, it means "more to the front", but whether that is something you would say about playing characteristics I don´t know. psych123 will understand ;)

Bei der MX-P50 HARD Version handelt es sich um das identische Obergummi wie beim bereits gewohnten MX-P (47.5).

Diese Hochleistungsoberfläche konnten die TIBHAR-Profispieler auf Wunsch auch schon immer mit härteren Schwämmen bekommen. Nun hat sich TIBHAR aufgrund der neuen Plastikballgeneration entschieden, diese Version auch in den offiziellen Verkauf zu geben.

Da die TIBHAR-Profis auch die Wahl zwischen fein- und offenporigen Schwämmen haben, gab TIBHAR hier die feinporige Variante für den Verkauf frei, da diese auch nicht mit der Selektion von extra schweren / harten Exemplaren des offenporigen MX-P(47.5) zu bekommen ist, sondern sich durch die unterschiedliche Porigkeit auch nochmal spürbar anders spielt und „mehr nach vorne“ geht.

Hmmm ... I take it this wasn´t your first pair? Usually they last longer. We have organised practice at our club twice a week (not just matches, many ball contacts) and I don´t think any of our Evolution players change their rubbers more often than every 3 months. But it surely depends on ball contact and hardness of the strokes how long a rubber will last. Generally, I don´t think any other high performance rubber will last much longer under equal conditions.

I think im gonna stick with the normal MX-P.
This is the second Pair i played, the first one lasted longer for 3-4months.
I had german championships with my team at the start of june for some days and it was 35°Coutside and i played alot there, that might be the reason.

I think im gonna stick with the MX-P since im quite satiesfied with it. i was just curious since there are alot of good quality rubbers out now compared to a few years.

Last edited: