Pls tell if I am buying a good combination of racket and rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
I really appreciate you guys' suggestions.
One of my teammates in my academy uses the mx-p on his forehand and when I played with it I felt like I was like the Olympic player because it gave me such a good grip while doing the backhand flick and opening to the backspin serves.
Playing topspin attacks was just effortless and I enjoyed it very much that's why I am planning on buying this setup actually I just ordered it last night.

i think I wrote wrong in the above messages.
I have been playing table tennis for 2 years and have been using a killerspin jet 600 racket for 1 year.
REALLY APPRECIATE YOU SPARING SOME TIME OF YOUR FOR ME
Thank You

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Generally, when someone is beginner to intermediate level, say 1000-2000 level in USATT rating, it is quite frequent that they use a racket that is too fast with rubbers that are too spin sensitive.

That same player would develop and improve faster with a setup that is quite simple like the setups I recommended above. That player will feel they are competent with that racket that is faster with carbon and less feel. They won't know the racket is too fast for them to control. In rallying, in doing drills, they will feel competent even though the setup that is actually too fast for them.

Why it is too fast for them is actually that it does too much of the work for them. It makes it feel like they do not have to be as precise or put as much power into their offensive shots. Ultimately this makes it so the player's timing of hips, weight transfer, forearm snap and whip of wrist can be slightly off without them realizing because the racket does so much of the work for them. With a fast setup and a carbon blade, suboptimal technique tends to feel as if it is actually optimal.

So, while the player seems to play well enough with this faster setup, there is a small issue they do not realize is not improving as fast as it could making their level go up at a slightly slower rate. With the slightly slower setup with an all wood blade that forces you to feel when your contact and timing is not perfect, those issues improve faster and you tend to learn how to get more power into your shots from better technique. You end up with the same amount of power and better technique. :)

In the end, does it matter? It depends. Is your goal to have something that feels exciting and fun to play with? If it is, then it may not matter much. But if your goal was to get better faster and to end up at as high a level as possible, then learning to do more with less would be the more intelligent equipment choice.

With TT equipment, unless you are at a semi-pro or elite amateur level, in terms of equipment, most of the time, a little less, is still more.

But hopefully you enjoy the new setup you have gotten.

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Water will only remove dust particles but not oil from sweat that is on the rubber. I use water after every practice session and once a week I use rubber cleaner to remove oily spots. I got Tibhar Cleaner Grip from TT11

The cleaners have chemicals in them that cause the rubber molecules to oxidize faster so your rubber will lose grip and elasticity a tiny bit faster if you use those cleaners. I think all you need is a drop of water on your hand or on a sponge or cloth.

Oils sink in to the topsheet anyway. If there were oils on the topsheet it would not stay on the surface and those cleaners would not do much to remove them.

But it does not really make much difference so you should choose as you wish. There is just no logical or sound reason to use a cleaning product on a TT rubber.

Last edited:
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Sorry, but the only piece of information on this thread that is worth paying attention to is this:

First off, if you are transitioning from a prebuilt racket to a real, actual Table Tennis racket and this is what you think should be your first racket, it is kind of a shame that nobody on here aside from passifid knows enough to say anything sensible on the subject.

That setup is too fast for you.

Get something more simple like

Yasaka Sweden Extra with Xiom Vega Pro rubbers.

You could also get these blades:

- Butterfly Primorac Off-
- Stiga Allround Evolution
- Donic Appelgren Allplay
- Stiga Offensive Classic

For rubbers you could also get:

- Xiom Vega Intro
- Tibhar Aurus or Aurus Sound
- Butterfly Rozena
- Butterfly Roundell

For someone playing less than a few years and coming from a racket that was bought with rubbers already on it, to go to something like a DHS 301 with MXP for the FH is sort of like taking someone who has been riding a motorized wheelchair and giving him a MTT Turbine Superbike Y2K.

DiJaY the speed and spin sensitivity of that setup will only hinder your progress.

Get a blade that is all wood and 5 plies in the Off- speed category.

Get a simple basic rubber that does everything well enough but that isn't too juiced up. A middle of the road rubber that you can learn and grow with. Not a rubber that is one of the fastest on the market.

Reading this thread for the first time and also very surprised people thought OP's very fast setup suggestion for himself was viable.

DiJaY, Carl's suggestions are on point, pick one of these blades and rubber, same on both sides in 1.9 or 2.0mm and you'll be on the right path for years to come!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Reading this thread for the first time and also very surprised people thought OP's very fast setup suggestion for himself was viable.

DiJaY, Carl's suggestions are on point, pick one of these blades and rubber, same on both sides in 1.9 or 2.0mm and you'll be on the right path for years to come!

Unfortunately, he has already ordered. :)

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Unfortunately, he has already ordered. :)

Ah shoot, I didn't see the 2nd page and thought your post on the 1st page was the last... He asked a question and didn't wait for weighed answers, only a few that supported his lust for speed :D

Like you said, it'll be fun at first especially in drills, then probably frustrating later in games and tourneys in the transition game, short game, serve receives, dealing with incoming spin...

I too have felt like an Olympian before, but it never lasted very long! :)

Last edited:
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
The cleaners have chemicals in them that cause the rubber molecules to oxidize faster so your rubber will lose grip and elasticity a tiny bit faster if you use those cleaners. I think all you need is a drop of water on your hand or on a sponge or cloth.

Oils sink in to the topsheet anyway. If there were oils on the topsheet it would not stay on the surface and those cleaners would not do much to remove them.

But it does not really make much difference so you should choose as you wish. There is just no logical or sound reason to use a cleaning product on a TT rubber.

Only logical reason to to use a cleaning product on a TT rubber is to make the manufacturers money!

I emptied out my Butterfly cleaner and put demineralized water inside instead. My rubbers last longer now than when using the cleaner.

Last edited:
Reactions: ttdad