TSP Swat: Unpopular Popularity

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
Tsp and victas is the same brand
I will choose g1.
But of course it depends.
You like play Spinny shots In EVery area buy g1
If you like blocking and you punch, smash and you want more low throw rubber and you play near the table, ventus super is better choice.
Fastarc g1and 5 ply blade... This is classic
Edit I wrote that SV has very high throw And This is real talk but I find This is more suited for flat shots, very low arc, the ball has low long trajectory, but rubber grabs ball very well.

Thank you! Do you think that super ventus is suitable to developing forehand, or it’s too demanding? It’s easy to loop underspin balls? I read that it is not sensitive to incoming spin

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
I have. I've used/tried all victas blades. lol what are you curious about?

I'm actually eyeing Dyna Five, Dyna Five hard, Dyna Carbon. But since I hardly find reviews about it, mostly japanese reviews which i don't understand. I can't decide. And in Victas website it says Dyna Five and Dyna Carbon are OFF- while Dyna Hard is OFF. Can you please share your opinion about these three blades.

This user has no status.
I'm actually eyeing Dyna Five, Dyna Five hard, Dyna Carbon. But since I hardly find reviews about it, mostly japanese reviews which i don't understand. I can't decide. And in Victas website it says Dyna Five and Dyna Carbon are OFF- while Dyna Hard is OFF. Can you please share your opinion about these three blades.
Personally the dyna five series are pretty bad not gonna lie. They are targeted more towards little kids who are starting table tennis.
But Dyna five and Dyna carbon are off- as it is pretty slow compared to other carbon and 5 ply blades. (like viscaria,acoustic, violin, etc) The only difference I felt is the carbon has less feeling. Here's a brief review.
Dyna Five
Feeling: Soft
Speed:Off- (for sure)
Good things: tell where the ball is without thinking, easy multiball feeding lol.
Bad things: Extremely slow. Poor all around.
Dyna Five Carbon
Speed:Off-
Good things: quick enough to finish the point if you play active. mid-distance, learning how to loop.
Bad things: slow if you don't play active.
Dyna Five Hard
Feeling: Medium
Speed: Off
Good things: flat hitting, blocks.
Bad things: spin, short game, and loops are crap. The ball doesn't kick.
Overall
Dyna fives are more towards the developing people who has 0 experience in table tennis.

What do you feel you are lacking in the acoustic? I can promise you that the dyna five series will be worse.

Reactions: splasher78
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Personally the dyna five series are pretty bad not gonna lie. They are targeted more towards little kids who are starting table tennis.
But Dyna five and Dyna carbon are off- as it is pretty slow compared to other carbon and 5 ply blades. (like viscaria,acoustic, violin, etc) The only difference I felt is the carbon has less feeling. Here's a brief review.
Dyna Five
Speed:Off- (for sure)
Good things: tell where the ball is without thinking, easy multiball feeding lol.
Bad things: Extremely slow. Poor all around.
Dyna Five Carbon
Speed:Off-
Good things: quick enough to finish the point if you play active. mid-distance, learning how to loop.
Bad things: slow if you don't play active.
Dyna Five Hard
Feeling: Medium
Speed: Off
Good things: flat hitting, blocks.
Bad things: spin, short game, and loops are crap. The ball doesn't kick.
Overall
Dyna fives are more towards the developing people who has 0 experience in table tennis.

What do you feel you are lacking in the acoustic? I can promise you that the dyna five series will be worse.

Very informative thanks a lot. With the acoustic none at the moment. I'm waiting for the sale on TT11 and actually it's already 25% discounted starting today. Is this blade bad too?

Actually I'm doing this as a favor for my colleagues which is also beneficial for me, since I will be able to try it out. I'm trying to find some not so popular (mainstream) but good blade(ALL+ / OFF-).

This user has no status.
Very informative thanks a lot. With the acoustic none at the moment. I'm waiting for the sale on TT11 and actually it's already 25% discounted starting today. Is this blade bad too?

Actually I'm doing this as a favor for my colleagues which is also beneficial for me, since I will be able to try it out. I'm trying to find some not so popular (mainstream) but good blade(ALL+ / OFF-).
If you are looking for good all+ not mainstream blades. Try Xiom Allround s. It does fairly well in most situations. it's like a slower version of infinity vps. The blade pairs really well with hard rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Just ordered a Swat because it was on sale at tt11, just to try it out to see how it compares to bt777. I expect them to be very similar since plies, wood and thickness (6 -6.3 mm?) is the same, with the difference being that Swat has burned outers. Will make it a bit lighter and a bit more crisp. I'm curious if I can find any difference at all. If not, then Swat is a better investment.

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Just ordered a Swat because it was on sale at tt11, just to try it out to see how it compares to bt777. I expect them to be very similar since plies, wood and thickness (6 -6.3 mm?) is the same, with the difference being that Swat has burned outers. Will make it a bit lighter and a bit more crisp. I'm curious if I can find any difference at all. If not, then Swat is a better investment.

Let us know how they compare!

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
The QC is excellent, looks and feels very pleasant.

Could this be my true love!!

Even the handle looks like wood!

swat.jpg

Reactions: nymose
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Just played with it a couple hours. Great for topspins, not good at flat hits and drives. Like off- speed, nice touch.

Has a good amount of flex, more than I actually like.

If you like to spin the ball, go and get one.
But I guess it is still better for those things than the typical off- 5-ply blade right?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Was thinking conpared to my bt555. My bt777 is only a bit stiffer than that one. They play very similar. So I'm expecting Swat to be similar to bt777. But I'll figure out when I play with it ;)

Last edited:

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Just played with it a couple hours. Great for topspins, not good at flat hits and drives. Like off- speed, nice touch.

Has a good amount of flex, more than I actually like.

If you like to spin the ball, go and get one.

This was largely my feelings too, I thought it would be stiffer.
I think it is closer too a 5ply in feel than a traditional 7 ply.

It feels a bit soft on bh pimples!

I am playing with a pulled hamstring though, so cant really play properly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
A Copy/paste of a comment I made in another Swat thread:

"I've just tried Swat as well, and before hitting the club I spent som time bouncing around the ball with spin and such to test the feel, bounce and kick. With the same rubbers, Allround Evolution and Swat feels almost the same, have the same sound and have almost the same kick. They are both easier to generate spin with, but when I hit more through the layers of Swat, an extra gear kicks in.
Bt555 has a very hollow sound and feels slightly more dead, doesn't have the same kick as the other 2.
Bt777 has a bit less feel than all of them and doesn't have that same kick either (maybe Because I can't Feel it as much), but it has more than bt555.

I played around with AE and Swat today and they do play almost the same. Swat was maybe slightly more direct. I shot more in the net with Swat though. Was slightly more difficult to open up. Sometimes when hitting straight on the ball, I got a slightly dead or cardboard'ish feel. I guess this is due to the combo of the harder layers in a thin 7 ply blade. That's how it felt at least.

Overall I prefer AE to Swat, since it's sligthly easier to play with.
Bt777 over Swat as well. Has similar through to AE, so easier to open up with.

It's funny though, Stiga mentions AE as being their best-selling blade in Japan, whereas Swat IS the best-selling blade in Japan. Hmmm, is that a coinsidence? ;)"

I'm gonna put Swat up for sale for 30€ if anybody is interested ;)

Last edited: