TT interjections

says Thanks for the suggestion Splasher! I was going to try...
Apr 2019
Hello,
I hope I’m not going to offend anyone and should be clear this is a non serious post just for a laugh.
Since I started playing more seriously, going to clubs and especially watching matches online, I got curious about the loud interjections and general exclamations phrases players like to use. Actually first thing I noticed was players routinely wiping the table close to the net with their palm. Then the stomping. Eventually understood the reason for these two. Then I started to notice the exclamations people made, and found, going to clubs, people shouting similar things.I’m not native English speaker so this might be down to me not getting something really basic. What is everyone shouting? Shooooo I guess is ‘shot’ as in great shot. Then there’s something that sound like ‘got it!’ Am I correct? Seems to get used by people regardless of their native language.. Then I guess there’s the equivalent Japanese (Harimoto seems to shout the same things as Kaii Yoshida just more frequently and louder) and Ma Long has his phrases as well..
Is there such a thing as a TT lingo for interjections that people like to use, or I’m imagining things?

Apr 2019
Google search for: chorei :
highly unsuccessful:

What does 朝礼 (Chōrei) mean in Japanese?

English Translation:
morning assembly

More meanings for 朝礼 (Chōrei)
morning assembly noun
98% of use
朝礼
pep talk noun
2% of use
朝礼

I doubt Harimoto is calling for morning assemblies but it would make things funnier and less annoying to hear if he was.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
When you fail to reach a shot to your wide FH, you exclaim:
V7nXLDm.gif

As demonstrated by Boll:

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Thanks, this will come in handy I will have a lot more opportunities to say wo cao than I do chorei, since failing to reach wide fhs is a staple of my game. I assume it means something equivalent to "oh shit!" or will serve the same purpose anyway.

Any other standard Chinese phrases for bad play? What do they say when they push a heavy backspin serve in the bottom of the net? Or popup a no-spin and get killed?

Last edited:
Reactions: zeio

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Bump

This made me want to learn some more chinese TT vocabulary. Cho doesn't really fit my skillset.

What is chinese for when you try to win a cheap point with a long fast serve and it goes off the table? That one I could use.

Reactions: lVegita