Chinese Women's Team vs USA Men's Team 2019

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
A friendly tournament took place a few days ago between the Chinese Women's Team versus the USA Men's Team.

Footage shot by: USA Table Tennis

Nick Tio [USA] vs Ding Ning [CHINA]

Nikhil Kumar [USA] vs Liu Shiwen [CHINA]

Chen Meng [CHINA] vs Zhou Xin [USA]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
NA table tennis OMEGALUL

Juan Liu (American citizen, former CSL/CNT player) just beat Daniel Gorak, former Polish national team player at Westchester in NY recently. I suspect that these CNT women could do the same to many national teams and that the result says absolutely nothing about NA table tennis.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
the result says absolutely nothing about NA table tennis
no. But the fact that you point at an ex-CNT member when talking about NA table tennis - that does say a bit. Anyway, they have a new generation of good players like Kanak so they're moving in the right direction.

Reactions: massa
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
no. But the fact that you point at an ex-CNT member when talking about NA table tennis - that does say a bit. Anyway, they have a new generation of good players like Kanak so they're moving in the right direction.

I think imi get your point that it is interesting that an ex-CNT player is in the USA. Mine was that ex CNT players can beat Polish professionals as well. Juan Liu was at her training prime as a professional maybe 8 years ago. She came back after starting a family and she is still beating 2700 level players. So someone laughing at the US men's team should realize that they are not much worse off than most of the world in table tennis and are likely to be significantly better. Talk about Kanak being part of the solution is not the point. The team that played the women had 2 Chinese migrants as well as Nikhil who is at most 17 and has been trained by Chinese coaches almost all his TT life. I suspect that the CNT women would beat most countries not in the top 10 or 15 men's teams in the world.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
300C56FB-8D3C-4D63-8139-AD40CE65C42F.jpgThe battle of sexes within CNT is actually not that rare of an event. The women A-team would play against men B-team. If against men’s A-team, men would start with 0-4, 6-8, or 8-9, such was the case in 2014 where men won all the matches. It turned out the 8-9 games are toughest for men, they lost 10, won 10.

2E8DF178-44D7-4320-A8B5-6417626D8AEA.jpg

C51AB927-7CEB-4A03-986C-BECF09113A4E.jpg

Reactions: Atas Newton
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Nikhil Kumar 2-3 Liu Shiwen

Liang Jishan 2-3 Wang Manyu

Zhou Xin 2-3 Chen Meng

Nick Tio 1-3 Ding Ning

Victor Liu 0-3 Zhu Yuling

Nikhil Kumar 3-2 Sun Yingsha

A friendly tourney was conducted a few days ago. US #1 didn’t participate.

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
if i`m watching this i see mostly Asia ethnic community in this fotos and videos ... and i think this is a really interesting event in this tight China-USA trade months .... are there not so many European , African (or others) ethnic Americans interested in table tennis in USA or why so one sided ?
Ps. : i do not try to be racist or anything like it .. i`m just curious ..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
if i`m watching this i see mostly Asia ethnic community in this fotos and videos ... and i think this is a really interesting event in this tight China-USA trade months .... are there not so many European , African (or others) ethnic Americans interested in table tennis in USA or why so one sided ?
Ps. : i do not try to be racist or anything like it .. i`m just curious ..

It was a small event in California not advertised to the public. So most of the people there will be people who consider TT players celebrities. One of my Nigerian friends was there.

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Juan Liu (American citizen, former CSL/CNT player) just beat Daniel Gorak, former Polish national team player at Westchester in NY recently. I suspect that these CNT women could do the same to many national teams and that the result says absolutely nothing about NA table tennis.
She won comfortably as she seems to against all U.S. based male players. Gorak has been as low as 52 in ITTF rankings, whilst she peaked at 94 in the women's rankings. Furthermore, she recently annihilated Yijun Feng who is twice runner up in the U.S. Nationals men's singles. Then factor in that Jian Lui is 33 and had been retired for 6 years!
Jiaqi Zheng is another female player who beat numerous higher ranked males than her for fun regularly. There are other females who do the same.
It makes you wonder if there really is any difference between males and females in table tennis. I can't see it.

Reactions: vvk1
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
She won comfortably as she seems to against all U.S. based male players. Gorak has been as low as 52 in ITTF rankings, whilst she peaked at 94 in the women's rankings. Furthermore, she recently annihilated Yijun Feng who is twice runner up in the U.S. Nationals men's singles. Then factor in that Jian Lui is 33 and had been retired for 6 years!
Jiaqi Zheng is another female player who beat numerous higher ranked males than her for fun regularly. There are other females who do the same.
It makes you wonder if there really is any difference between males and females in table tennis. I can't see it.

She lost to Jeremy Hazin of Canada recently. The level.of the player matters and men are stronger then women. Women can compete sate in some cases with close to the table blocking and hitting but the strength and speed disparity can show up.