Need help to change to modern equipment

This user has no status.
Hello everybody,
actually im playing a
Stiga Classic Off Pro and on it a
Donic BlueStorm Z2 2.1 on the forehand and
Tibhar Speedy Soft 1.5 (short pips on the backhand).
Overall I have the feeling that the blade is somehow dull. The angle with what tue Ball leaves is too low and i have to work with too big movements to generate a bit of spin. The bpips also seem to be outdated. To attack seems much to complicated, especialy on backspin. The Window of the angle in with what i can attack the Ball is much too small, when i compare it to other players. Do you have any good advise for me? I bought a Stiga Infinity VPS and it was unplayable for me, because it was too fast.

Thank you and greetings!

This user has no status.
I'm not much of an expert on pips, but the TSP spectol series seems to be very popular at my club.

A lesser-known blade that performs very well is the Donier RR+, designed in collaboration with 5-time Caribbean Champion and manager of my club, Robert Roberts. This blade has a lot of flex (which results in a higher throw), very good feeling, solid control, good offensive abilities, but not uncontrollable speed like you may find with the VPS. This blade has a similar construction to the VPS except for that its not as fast and it has a larger head, giving more feeling and flex. I believe is only available at tabletennisstore.us (they ship internationally).I'm not one to go for non-mainstream equipment, but this is a very high-performing blade

If you also want to switch your inverted rubber, maybe something softer and thicker might be better, and if you want to stay within the bluestorm series, you could try the Z3 in max thickness.

Last edited:
Reactions: TT_Rogue
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Stiga Classic Off Pro

What is with the "pro"? Is this a blade I am not aware off?

I'm not much of an expert on pips, but the TSP spectol series seems to be very popular at my club.

And elsewhere, too.

But Tibhar has a new Speedy Soft also, it is called Speedy Soft XD D.tecS

You could try the Off Classic Carbon for a change?

Don´t know if a harder rubber would make sense, but quite probably changing to max would help, as the whole concept of the BlueStorm rubber is based on a thinner topsheet, allowing for thicker max sponge.

Reactions: TT_Rogue
This user has no status.
Thank you for your suggestions. I think im going to try out the stiga Variant since the new Partner of the Club is stiga. I was thinking about this new Stiga Symmetry but i have no Information about this rubber. But anyway maybe my First Step will be to try these TSP pips. @Yogi_bear: Did you already play this Azalea Wood? Is it slower than the Infinity?

I have played the azalea long ago and it is one of the best 5 ply blades in the market today. Not really slower than infinity. It is softer. Making your loops easier but it is bouncy.