w968 -8?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2019
The main way it differs is in that it's fake. You will not fine anything legit bought online in China. End of story. Back when I used H3 Neo Prov, I only bought from provincial players or authorized DHS dealers. Multiple sources (former provincial team members) said that these sites will look super professional and legit, but the equipment is as legit as a 10$ national sheet on taobo.

Spare the appeal to authority fallacies. I myself have dealt with Prott as have many other members on this site with no issues.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
plays exactly like a w968 provinal/national imo and a n301 on the 1 blade one side koto and one side limba. it just doesn't have the hollow feeling. i got lucky to get 1 to get another idk if possible , i wanted it like this because i felt like it was too much effort on limba on backhand

Oh, if that is right, it would be so nice. I have found clone sword blades in taobao have a comfortable price. Sword have alot of clone blade, for example : hd5, 997,...
And how much does your sword blade cost?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
@fanoftt : can you compare them?

I can but that is from my pint of view, all versions I have/had are provincial (numbers 3-18), tried only one national w968 number 5 from player in my country.

N301-8 (number 3 *in series) - very stable in passive play and of the table play, harder to play banana flick and on slow incoming balls, very good for short near the net shots
N301 (number 18) - not so stable in passive play, but easier to banana flick and loop on slow balls comaring to n301-8
W968-6 (number 9) - very powerfull, but pretty mushy on close to net shots, don't know if it is only on my blade or on all -6 blades
W968-5 - didn't like this blade at all, very hard, but pretty slow

HL5/W968 (numbers 3,8,15,18) - this blade is like stiga clipper, in all areas very good, maybe not the best, but good, that is the reason I choosed this blade in the end

My setup is chinese rubber on fhd(hurricane, dianchi d, battle 2), mxp 50 on backhand, seamoon booster

Last edited:
Reactions: M.Hoang
This user has no status.

I can but that is from my pint of view, all versions I have/had are provincial (numbers 3-18), tried only one national w968 number 5 from player in my country.

N301-8 (number 3 *in series) - very stable in passive play and of the table play, harder to play banana flick and on slow incoming balls, very good for short near the net shots
N301 (number 18) - not so stable in passive play, but easier to banana flick and loop on slow balls comaring to n301-8
W968-6 (number 9) - very powerfull, but pretty mushy on close to net shots, don't know if it is only on my blade or on all -6 blades
W968-5 - didn't like this blade at all, very hard, but pretty slow

HL5/W968 (numbers 3,8,15,18) - this blade is like stiga clipper, in all areas very good, maybe not the best, but good, that is the reason I choosed this blade in the end

My setup is chinese rubber on fhd(hurricane, dianchi d, battle 2), mxp 50 on backhand, seamoon booster
how does sword hd997 play?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
how does sword hd997 play?

Blade I got was very fast, maybe more that HL5 regional, but HL5 regional gives more spin in the shot. For sure better than HL5 commercial, more stable. Handle is very much like W968 national.

This week I get HRT clone, same price as Sword. I will post some pics.

Also tried cheap DHS FangBo 2x, but only thing good on that blade is that is cheap ;);)
No speed, no spin, can not mach with regional version in any aspect.
On pictures comparison of cores/layers on bo 2x with n301 and hl5

Last edited:
Reactions: M.Hoang