w968 -8?

This user has no status.
yaa,im more into sword..and there is new blade from sword at aliexpress called black gold provincial..its like hd997 but ebony outer layer..maybe w968-5 copy?the description sounds like w968,more power,spin and their new PGT(power glue technology) cause people said differences btw long 5 and w968 is the glue.haha

and the wood also it has more gears and better touch

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
My fake Ma Long V from alliexpress for 20$ is resonating at 1335Hz and the ebony one (advertised as W968-8) has resonating frequency at 1378.

Screenshot_20191209-202339.jpg
ebony.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: M.Hoang
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I haven't glued rubbers yet. I think I will have time around Sunday.

Long V clone: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33014990239.html, paid 23$ on alliexpress single's day promotion
Ebony W968-8: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33020088063.html, paid 29$ on alliexpress single's day promotion

The guy owning the store is very responsive. Answered all of my questions. I asked for lightest blades he had and he kindly replied. Blades came with neoprene covers, lemuria advesive rubber protectors and edge tapes. (gotta love those freebies) So far I am happy with quality. They don't have any sharp edges. Wings have been sanded inwards as seen on photos. It looks promising. Although I can't recommend them yet. Once I test them thoroughly I will be able to give a more trust worthy opinion. The surface finish could be a tiny bit better though. I hadn't had time to examine it thouroughly but I might do sand the hand just a tiny bit, to get it more smoother.

PS: I know there is no printing and lens. I asked wether I could get one without and shop owner kindly send me blades without those crapy lenses and without printing with typos <3

Attachments

• IMG_20191209_215922.jpg
    IMG_20191209_215922.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 527
  • IMG_20191209_215937.jpg
    IMG_20191209_215937.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 528
  • IMG_20191209_215953.jpg
    IMG_20191209_215953.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 503
  • IMG_20191209_220002.jpg
    IMG_20191209_220002.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG_20191209_220016.jpg
    IMG_20191209_220016.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 535
  • IMG_20191209_215900.jpg
    IMG_20191209_215900.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 521
Last edited:
Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
I emailed prott.vip asking which one of their clones is the closest to a w968. I believe they have 4 clones (Yasaka Atletico Power, HRT Pro, Sword HD997, and Yinhe Pro Feeling).

Their answer so happens to be the most expensive of the clones (so take it with a grain of salt) but for what it's worth, their response was:
The Yasaka Atletico Power is closest to matching W968. And this blade is on sale now.

https://www.prott.vip/Product-Details.aspx?productcode=atletico

This user has no status.
I emailed prott.vip asking which one of their clones is the closest to a w968. I believe they have 4 clones (Yasaka Atletico Power, HRT Pro, Sword HD997, and Yinhe Pro Feeling).

Their answer so happens to be the most expensive of the clones (so take it with a grain of salt) but for what it's worth, their response was:
The Yasaka Atletico Power is closest to matching W968. And this blade is on sale now.

yeah the yasaka atletico power claim to be a cheaper w968. I've bought it yesterday

This user has no status.
TTLOVE, would you mind doing frequency test and sharing photos when you receive it?
yes sure. I don't know if this method is precise. I think that we could have different result even if we test the same blade. We should use the same ball, we should trow the ball from the same height and the room must be the same (I think that the acoustic of the room could be a relevant factor).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
The height and room doesn't matter. I've tried it in 4 different rooms in my home. Height of the peak did change with drop height, but frequency that in which blade resonated did not change. Only if I forced the ball onto blade (which I think I may not should have done?) the peek changed (I've used a lot of force, the ball flied away to other room). The ball might be a factor but I tested on xuschofao 3 star ittf approved, hueison and Donic training balls and peek did not move.

I can redo those and share my results, but that is a discussion for other thread. The phone would a biggest difference I think.

But based on the Excel database that is shared on ooak forum, this method is working surprisingly well. Most same blades are scoring same or very similar.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tnzuhP98Iwl3_ZYIKs770Z4GeEXB1cPaF6xXC3IMLfg/edit?usp=drivesdk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018

I think you asked a failed person. Seller always said that the most expensive is the best. Haha.

This user has no status.
The height and room doesn't matter. I've tried it in 4 different rooms in my home. Height of the peak did change with drop height, but frequency that in which blade resonated did not change. Only if I forced the ball onto blade (which I think I may not should have done?) the peek changed (I've used a lot of force, the ball flied away to other room). The ball might be a factor but I tested on xuschofao 3 star ittf approved, hueison and Donic training balls and peek did not move.

I can redo those and share my results, but that is a discussion for other thread. The phone would a biggest difference I think.

But based on the Excel database that is shared on ooak forum, this method is working surprisingly well. Most same blades are scoring same or very similar.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Ks770Z4GeEXB1cPaF6xXC3IMLfg/edit?usp=drivesdk
Interesting, I will test the blade as soon as it arrives

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I finally tried Yasaka Atletico Power tonight, with Rasanter R53 on fh and GoldArc8 on bh. Good blade for sure, but impossible to say that it's equal or better than w968, especially since I've used H3 on fh for the last few years on w968. The handle on YAP reminds me of Viscaria but slightly thinner. R53 is a good rubber but I've gotten used to brushing the ball and you can't really apply that technique with R53, so I won't use it as my main rubber. As it seems - H3 forever.

Reactions: smash into net
says sorry i mean on skin
says sorry i mean on skin
Feb 2018
I finally tried Yasaka Atletico Power tonight, with Rasanter R53 on fh and GoldArc8 on bh. Good blade for sure, but impossible to say that it's equal or better than w968, especially since I've used H3 on fh for the last few years on w968. The handle on YAP reminds me of Viscaria but slightly thinner. R53 is a good rubber but I've gotten used to brushing the ball and you can't really apply that technique with R53, so I won't use it as my main rubber. As it seems - H3 forever.

cheers been waiting for that, the yasaka alnade inner is also a copy of the N301 numbers just without the hollow feeling that you get from the real one, will you try h3 on your forehand on that version of the blade?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
A follow up with my first playing impressions about the Long V clone. No sanding was needed after all. I let blade air out and measured again. Same room, about same temperature, just few days without plastic wrap.

12_gru_2019_21_48_17.jpg

The blade is superb. I moved rubbers from my Apellgren Allplay to it. It applies much more spin that the Allplay did. The power is slightly more than my Gambler Fire Dragon Touch, it is much lighter though. The head is much much bigger as seen on photos. It is both longer (about cm) than appelgren allplay and wider (3mm?). The Fire Dragon Touch is much better in touching than then fake long V, although the fake V has more gears and top gear power. I will allow myself to follow this up with comparison to the ebony one.

IMG_20191212_221104.jpg
IMG_20191212_221051.jpg

Also I've opened the ebony one and tested it.
Screenshot_20191212-225810.jpg

I've realised I measured them with foil on... Stupid me.. The difference is negligable, but there is a difference.

Last edited: