Back to Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 96
  1. 729B2 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 42 444
    7
    729B2 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 444 42
    #61
    Quote Originally Posted by SwordBreak
    yaa,im more into sword..and there is new blade from sword at aliexpress called black gold provincial..its like hd997 but ebony outer layer..maybe w968-5 copy?the description sounds like w968,more power,spin and their new PGT(power glue technology) cause people said differences btw long 5 and w968 is the glue.haha
    and the wood also it has more gears and better touch

  2. fanoftt is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 13 79
    F
    fanoftt is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 79 13

    User Info Menu


    Jan 2019
    England
    79
    13
    198
    Read 0 Reviews
    #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuba Hajto
    Yes.

    Originally from: http://mytabletennis.net/Forum/expre...opic79533.html
    Also preferebly, such tests should be done in quiet environment.
    tnx, will include this in future when I recieve blades.
    I have one regional W968-6 that I don't use so it is without rubbers, I will post results

    The Following User Likes fanoftt's Post:

    M.Hoang


  3. 729B2 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 42 444
    7
    729B2 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 444 42
    #63
    Quote Originally Posted by fanoftt
    tnx, will include this in future when I recieve blades.
    I have one regional W968-6 that I don't use so it is without rubbers, I will post results
    sweet im curious to know prov -6 will be like , what to do you have to it compare to?

  4. TTLOVE is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 142 322
    TTLOVE's Avatar
    TTLOVE is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 322 142
    #64
    What are the head sizes of sword hd997 and HRT?

  5. fanoftt is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 13 79
    F
    fanoftt is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 79 13

    User Info Menu


    Jan 2019
    England
    79
    13
    198
    Read 0 Reviews
    #65
    Dynasty 1356
    Xu Xin 1291
    Viscaria 1485
    W968-6 1464

    The Following 2 Users Like fanoftt's Post:

    Kuba Hajto and M.Hoang

    Last edited by fanoftt; 11-21-2019 at 10:19 PM.

  6. Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Elite TTD Member 557 1,276
    K
    Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,276 557
    #66
    My fake Ma Long V from alliexpress for 20$ is resonating at 1335Hz and the ebony one (advertised as W968-8) has resonating frequency at 1378.

    Name:  Screenshot_20191209-202339.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  83.2 KB
    Name:  ebony.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  80.5 KB

    The Following User Likes Kuba Hajto's Post:

    M.Hoang

    Last edited by Kuba Hajto; 12-09-2019 at 07:31 PM.

  7. fanoftt is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 13 79
    F
    fanoftt is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 79 13

    User Info Menu


    Jan 2019
    England
    79
    13
    198
    Read 0 Reviews
    #67
    can you post links to those fakes(playapingpong store or some other clone shop)?
    can you post pictures of your blades?

  8. Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Elite TTD Member 557 1,276
    K
    Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,276 557
    #68
    I haven't glued rubbers yet. I think I will have time around Sunday.

    Long V clone: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33014990239.html, paid 23$ on alliexpress single's day promotion
    Ebony W968-8: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33020088063.html, paid 29$ on alliexpress single's day promotion

    The guy owning the store is very responsive. Answered all of my questions. I asked for lightest blades he had and he kindly replied. Blades came with neoprene covers, lemuria advesive rubber protectors and edge tapes. (gotta love those freebies) So far I am happy with quality. They don't have any sharp edges. Wings have been sanded inwards as seen on photos. It looks promising. Although I can't recommend them yet. Once I test them thoroughly I will be able to give a more trust worthy opinion. The surface finish could be a tiny bit better though. I hadn't had time to examine it thouroughly but I might do sand the hand just a tiny bit, to get it more smoother.

    PS: I know there is no printing and lens. I asked wether I could get one without and shop owner kindly send me blades without those crapy lenses and without printing with typos <3
    Attached Images Attached Images       

    The Following User Likes Kuba Hajto's Post:

    bobpuls

    Last edited by Kuba Hajto; 12-10-2019 at 12:26 PM.

  9. smash into net is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 4 17
    S
    smash into net is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 17 4

    User Info Menu


    Oct 2019
    United States
    17
    4
    106
    Read 0 Reviews
    #69
    I emailed prott.vip asking which one of their clones is the closest to a w968. I believe they have 4 clones (Yasaka Atletico Power, HRT Pro, Sword HD997, and Yinhe Pro Feeling).

    Their answer so happens to be the most expensive of the clones (so take it with a grain of salt) but for what it's worth, their response was:
    The Yasaka Atletico Power is closest to matching W968. And this blade is on sale now.


    https://www.prott.vip/Product-Detail...tcode=atletico

  10. TTLOVE is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 142 322
    TTLOVE's Avatar
    TTLOVE is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 322 142
    #70
    Quote Originally Posted by smash into net
    I emailed prott.vip asking which one of their clones is the closest to a w968. I believe they have 4 clones (Yasaka Atletico Power, HRT Pro, Sword HD997, and Yinhe Pro Feeling).

    Their answer so happens to be the most expensive of the clones (so take it with a grain of salt) but for what it's worth, their response was:
    The Yasaka Atletico Power is closest to matching W968. And this blade is on sale now.


    https://www.prott.vip/Product-Detail...tcode=atletico
    yeah the yasaka atletico power claim to be a cheaper w968. I've bought it yesterday

  11. Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Elite TTD Member 557 1,276
    K
    Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,276 557
    #71
    TTLOVE, would you mind doing frequency test and sharing photos when you receive it?

  12. TTLOVE is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 142 322
    TTLOVE's Avatar
    TTLOVE is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 322 142
    #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuba Hajto
    TTLOVE, would you mind doing frequency test and sharing photos when you receive it?
    yes sure. I don't know if this method is precise. I think that we could have different result even if we test the same blade. We should use the same ball, we should trow the ball from the same height and the room must be the same (I think that the acoustic of the room could be a relevant factor).

  13. Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Elite TTD Member 557 1,276
    K
    Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,276 557
    #73
    The height and room doesn't matter. I've tried it in 4 different rooms in my home. Height of the peak did change with drop height, but frequency that in which blade resonated did not change. Only if I forced the ball onto blade (which I think I may not should have done?) the peek changed (I've used a lot of force, the ball flied away to other room). The ball might be a factor but I tested on xuschofao 3 star ittf approved, hueison and Donic training balls and peek did not move.

    I can redo those and share my results, but that is a discussion for other thread. The phone would a biggest difference I think.

    But based on the Excel database that is shared on ooak forum, this method is working surprisingly well. Most same blades are scoring same or very similar.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tnzuhP98Iwl3_ZYIKs770Z4GeEXB1cPaF6xXC3IMLfg/edit?usp=drivesdk
    Last edited by Kuba Hajto; 12-10-2019 at 03:43 PM.

  14. JustANoob is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 48 149
    J
    JustANoob is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 149 48
    #74
    Quote Originally Posted by TTLOVE
    yeah the yasaka atletico power claim to be a cheaper w968. I've bought it yesterday
    Do you have or have you had a long 5 or w968, if yes, when you get the yasaka can you compare the handles please, on the pictures of prott it looks like the w968 has a wider/bigger handle.

  15. M.Hoang is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 11 131
    M
    M.Hoang is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 131 11

    User Info Menu


    Aug 2018
    Vietnam
    131
    11
    369
    Read 0 Reviews
    #75
    Quote Originally Posted by smash into net
    I emailed prott.vip asking which one of their clones is the closest to a w968. I believe they have 4 clones (Yasaka Atletico Power, HRT Pro, Sword HD997, and Yinhe Pro Feeling).

    Their answer so happens to be the most expensive of the clones (so take it with a grain of salt) but for what it's worth, their response was:
    The Yasaka Atletico Power is closest to matching W968. And this blade is on sale now.


    https://www.prott.vip/Product-Detail...tcode=atletico
    I think you asked a failed person. Seller always said that the most expensive is the best. Haha.

  16. TTLOVE is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 142 322
    TTLOVE's Avatar
    TTLOVE is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 322 142
    #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuba Hajto
    The height and room doesn't matter. I've tried it in 4 different rooms in my home. Height of the peak did change with drop height, but frequency that in which blade resonated did not change. Only if I forced the ball onto blade (which I think I may not should have done?) the peek changed (I've used a lot of force, the ball flied away to other room). The ball might be a factor but I tested on xuschofao 3 star ittf approved, hueison and Donic training balls and peek did not move.

    I can redo those and share my results, but that is a discussion for other thread. The phone would a biggest difference I think.

    But based on the Excel database that is shared on ooak forum, this method is working surprisingly well. Most same blades are scoring same or very similar.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk
    Interesting, I will test the blade as soon as it arrives

  17. RidTheKid is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,140 1,662
    R
    RidTheKid is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,662 1,140
    #77
    I finally tried Yasaka Atletico Power tonight, with Rasanter R53 on fh and GoldArc8 on bh. Good blade for sure, but impossible to say that it's equal or better than w968, especially since I've used H3 on fh for the last few years on w968. The handle on YAP reminds me of Viscaria but slightly thinner. R53 is a good rubber but I've gotten used to brushing the ball and you can't really apply that technique with R53, so I won't use it as my main rubber. As it seems - H3 forever.

    The Following User Likes RidTheKid's Post:

    smash into net


  18. 729B2zzzz is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 15 122
    7
    729B2zzzz is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 122 15
    #78
    Quote Originally Posted by RidTheKid
    I finally tried Yasaka Atletico Power tonight, with Rasanter R53 on fh and GoldArc8 on bh. Good blade for sure, but impossible to say that it's equal or better than w968, especially since I've used H3 on fh for the last few years on w968. The handle on YAP reminds me of Viscaria but slightly thinner. R53 is a good rubber but I've gotten used to brushing the ball and you can't really apply that technique with R53, so I won't use it as my main rubber. As it seems - H3 forever.
    cheers been waiting for that, the yasaka alnade inner is also a copy of the N301 numbers just without the hollow feeling that you get from the real one, will you try h3 on your forehand on that version of the blade?

  19. RidTheKid is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,140 1,662
    R
    RidTheKid is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,662 1,140
    #79
    Probably sooner than later.

    Quote Originally Posted by 729B2zzzz
    cheers been waiting for that, the yasaka alnade inner is also a copy of the N301 numbers just without the hollow feeling that you get from the real one, will you try h3 on your forehand on that version of the blade?

  20. Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Elite TTD Member 557 1,276
    K
    Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,276 557
    #80
    A follow up with my first playing impressions about the Long V clone. No sanding was needed after all. I let blade air out and measured again. Same room, about same temperature, just few days without plastic wrap.

    Name:  12_gru_2019_21_48_17.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  80.4 KB

    The blade is superb. I moved rubbers from my Apellgren Allplay to it. It applies much more spin that the Allplay did. The power is slightly more than my Gambler Fire Dragon Touch, it is much lighter though. The head is much much bigger as seen on photos. It is both longer (about cm) than appelgren allplay and wider (3mm?). The Fire Dragon Touch is much better in touching than then fake long V, although the fake V has more gears and top gear power. I will allow myself to follow this up with comparison to the ebony one.

    Name:  IMG_20191212_221104.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  87.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_20191212_221051.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  86.5 KB

    Also I've opened the ebony one and tested it.
    Name:  Screenshot_20191212-225810.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  80.4 KB

    I've realised I measured them with foil on... Stupid me.. The difference is negligable, but there is a difference.
    Last edited by Kuba Hajto; 12-12-2019 at 09:03 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.