Timo boll ALC with xiom omega 7 euro

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Hey peeps

has anyone try putting omega 7 euro, on a ALC timo boll

would it work or not?

am a intermediate player with a good backhand flick and loop, working on forehand loop as well which is getting better

i do have a nittaku violin balde too which i like that got donic M3 FH and yaska soft 7 BH....very nice but lacks a bit of speed

hence why trying ALC with Omega 7

thanks

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Improved technique would make the Violin setup faster. Whereas, faster equipment will make it less likely you will improve the parts of your technique that would make it so you could get more power from your own stroke, timing, legs, hips, whip.

If you are still improving your FH then you may not be as "intermediate" as you are thinking. And if you are still improving your FH technique, a faster setup will ensure that will take longer. :)

The slower setup makes it so you need to learn better technique to pop into the ball.

Last edited:
Reactions: Incognito777
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Ok thanks for the words of wisdom, so would you say to put the rubbers on my ALC? and my loop is OK quite spinning just not prefect yet...

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Ok thanks for the words of wisdom, so would you say to put the rubbers on my ALC? and my loop is OK quite spinning just not prefect yet...

I would say to keep using the Violin until your FH loop is vicious with the Violin. If you think the Violin is a little too slow for you and you want to get better, it is most likely the right speed for you. When you learn how to pop into the ball and the timing of body, whip and contact all go together, you will feel you can make savage shots with that Violin that you are saying you feel is too slow. When that is the case, you can move up to a faster blade.

I also would say, any rubber can go on any blade. So you were worrying about the wrong issue there. But I want to give a story about a friend.

My friend is a professional tennis player (not TT but tennis). He is also pretty darn good at TT. His strokes, his FH and BH, his power, is amazing. If he could read and respond to spin and short game at the same level as his topspin strokes he would be top 100 in the world at least. But he is not. He is maybe 2300 (USATT). But his topspin shots are more powerful than most players 2700+. And he uses a Stiga Allround Classic (very slow blade, much slower than Violin) with simple middle of the road rubbers. Last I saw he was pretty happy with Mark V. :)

His use of legs, hips, arm, whip, wrist, are all timed so well that he gets outrageous power out of one of the slowest setups on the market.

When you can rip the ball and get it to fly with crazy spin with the Violin, your technique will be good enough for you todo it with any setup. Until then, a faster setup will cause you to cut down your stroke to land the ball on the table and that will prevent you from learning how to get everything timed together. When everything is timed together to pop into the ball at contact, that Violin will produce fast, spinny bullets.

Reactions: Kjell Willers
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
You could also post footage of you and I might say something different. Or I may not. But if you are saying the Violin is too slow for you, you most likely need to improve your technique, not get a faster blade. I know the speed range of Violins and that should not feel too slow if the technique is really solid.

Ma Long used an Acoustic (very slightly faster than a Violin) as a top 10 pro when he was a teenager. He may have changed blades. But it definitely was not because the Acoustic was too slow. :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Ok sweet thanks for the info, will keep with the violin and lean how to whip and use my legs & body more before going to a faster blade i do really like the control and feel of the violin blade so will stick with that and use the xiom 7 euro rubber

thanks for the offer with the video will do that at some stage and show you my forehand loop, and if you can review it and give me some pointers that be awesome :)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl