H301 vs Persson Powerplay

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Can anyone compare these blades? playing with the Powerplay atm.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
They will have different feel as h301 is a composite blade. How is your control with PP blade.?

control is very good, but sometimes it's a bit hard to open up because the blade is quite hard, stiff and non-bouncy.
a tad more softness and maybe flex with faster top gear while keeping control the same is what I'm looking for.
also I'd like a slightly higher throw maybe for better looping arc when pairing with skyline 2.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
control is very good, but sometimes it's a bit hard to open up because the blade is quite hard, stiff and non-bouncy.
a tad more softness and maybe flex with faster top gear while keeping control the same is what I'm looking for.
also I'd like a slightly higher throw maybe for better looping arc when pairing with skyline 2.

Yinhe mars 201 is what you are looking for! you can thank me after you tried it. Had the H301 before and similar problems.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Yinhe mars 201 is what you are looking for! you can thank me after you tried it. Had the H301 before and similar problems.

I'm playing with PP not with 301...
but thanks for the recommendation

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Yinhe mars 201 is what you are looking for! you ocan thank me after you tried it. Had the H301 before and similar problems.
Have you try any different blade in mars series of Yinhe? Iam playing with m102, it so good but somtime i can't control it because the high speed and hardness. M102 has the plc near the top ply. M201 has the plc near the core...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Dhs blades usually have this problem, because of the high vibration of them. I played pg5 before but can't control with it, heavy head and too much vibration...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Well, finally got to try the H301, lol.
It's much more flexible than the Powerplay. Makes a significantly higher arc. Any kind of direct shot is worse though, smash goes too high usually. However, it's easier to play controlled medium fast shots, or shorter strokes, due to the carbon. Power wise, it's quite similar though. Feel wise, also very similar. Overall, backhand feels better to me, more stable speed and power and flick is better, but forehand is a bit problematic because it's a bit too flexible there IMO.

Hard to tell which blade is better for me. I will probably get the new H301X with 0,5mm thicker core and get a heavier one, mine is only 82g.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Where you got 301? I am looking for light one but everywhere over 90g :(
If you consider to sell let me know please

aliexpress. Try to contact a seller before you order. Sorry, I'm not planning to sell mine :)

This user has no status.
hello everyone, in regards to this topic, i have a persson power play combined with Mark V GPS soft, this combination was on sale thats why i got it, however the blade is super, but the rubber seems a bit hard to play with,

i cant return most of people serves, and those people have crazy spin rubbers like xiom vega series and butterfly tenergy 05,

does anyone have an idea of which rubber i should use with this blade, honestly i'm still a beginner and i struggle sometimes with techniques, i was thinking of Xiom Vega Europe or Pro,

tell me if you guys agree or give me another amazing option

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
hello everyone, in regards to this topic, i have a persson power play combined with Mark V GPS soft, this combination was on sale thats why i got it, however the blade is super, but the rubber seems a bit hard to play with,

i cant return most of people serves, and those people have crazy spin rubbers like xiom vega series and butterfly tenergy 05,

does anyone have an idea of which rubber i should use with this blade, honestly i'm still a beginner and i struggle sometimes with techniques, i was thinking of Xiom Vega Europe or Pro,

tell me if you guys agree or give me another amazing option
Mark V is not a very spin-sensitive rubber series, I can see you having more difficulties handling spin if you switch to a more sensitive rubber.

Jul 2014
it is what i am struggling with, can you recommend a good rubber for me?
Honestly if you are struggling with Mark V I think the best answer is to figure out why you are struggling and how to move forwards from there, instead of switching rubber. I don't think new rubbers will help given the situation you are describing

This user has no status.
Honestly if you are struggling with Mark V I think the best answer is to figure out why you are struggling and how to move forwards from there, instead of switching rubber. I don't think new rubbers will help given the situation you are describing

i actually saw your first reply again and just understood what you mean, its probably my technique not my rubbers, honestly i wouldn't think its impossible giving that i played most of my life with shitty rackets and just hitting the ball from one side to another, i started playing and training for real not long ago,

i'll see today in my training if i can get another friend racket and see if it makes any different,

thanks for the heads up

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
Jul 2014
i actually saw your first reply again and just understood what you mean, its probably my technique not my rubbers, honestly i wouldn't think its impossible giving that i played most of my life with shitty rackets and just hitting the ball from one side to another, i started playing and training for real not long ago,

i'll see today in my training if i can get another friend racket and see if it makes any different,

thanks for the heads up
If you just started having to deal with real spin, its understandable that you will have difficulties in dealing with and understanding it. Don't give up, it takes a while to hone your senses

This user has no status.
the Nittaku Factive is a very good rubber for your needs,reminded me of a more modern version of the old Mark V.
Xiom Vega Intro is an option too.basically an entry level tensor.
Donic Acuda S2 if it should be softer .
Factive 45° ,Vega Intro 47.5 and Acuds S2 42.5° Hardness.
Overall i found the Factive the best package.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp